“Great food, service and atmosphere.”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #173 of 1,434 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food, service and atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited for a birthday lunch with my family, and despite having some reservations given the mixed reviews here, our expectations were well and truly exceeded.

Friendly, helpful service from the outset, a lovely atmosphere and a comprehensive menu for adults and kids alike.

The service was great and the food was excellent. Sunday roasts all round with generous portion sizes and I even got a glass of Prosecco and a quick round of 'Happy Birthday' thrown in from the staff! (Slightly mortifying for a 44 year old but a lovely touch!)

Really pleased with our experience and we won't be overlooking the place again in future as its local to us and seeing how full the place was it would appear there are a lot of people who would agree.

Bulawayo
“Great place to catch up with friends!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On holiday in our native town of Sheffield from Zimbabwe. A friend booked a table for lunch one winters afternoon. The food was served freshly cooked and extremely hot. Service was very good we sat and chatted over lunch for 2 1/2 hours no one rushed us at all. First visit to Sheffield for three years what a welcome home!

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not the best, albeit based on the one visit. Will definitely try it again...”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited The Prince of Wales on a Saturday night with a schoolmate. There is much to love about the place - the inside strikes a nice balance between classic pub and modern airy restaurant, with atmosphere being chatty and friendly. Plus the pub has a car park which makes it convenient given that the local area can present with parking issues.

The staff are welcoming and efficient, finding us a table quickly despite having not booked ahead. That said, the tables were a little squashed together and I would say because of this 'intimacy', it's more of a place for couples rather than two lads out for a few pints and some food!

The menu has a wide selection with a range of Mediterranean dishes making up the most part. We both ordered spit-roast chicken with piri-piri sauce, Asian-style coleslaw and chips.

The food arrived on time and the portions were hearty. The sauces were also delicious.

So until this point, a great start and worthy of four or maybe even five stars.

Unfortunately though, the chicken - which ultimately defines the dish and therefore the meal - was dry, as though it had been cooked and re-warmed or simply overcooked. It wasn't by any means inedible but for £12 for a standalone gastropub dish, you would hope for slightly better.

I will return as the pub seems a great addition to the area and look forward to trying out their other offerings.

• Visited March 2013
“Great sunday lunches”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really tasty Sunday lunches here. My only comment is they can be a little tight on the vegetables they bring to the table to share, so ask for a bigger portion if you're feeling hungry!

• Visited February 2013
Leeds
“Superb, friendly, fabulous food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I visited the Prince of Wales last week as part of a group of ladies having our annual get together.
My friend booked the table and as I'd never been before I could not find the car park and actually drove past!
Upon entering I cannot believe it's taken so long to find, what a delight! Beautifully decorated, lovely atmosphere and a handsome gentleman to greet me.
We were taken to a table in front of the kitchen ( I felt like I had paid for a chef's table at Malmaison! ) Delicious smells coming from the kitchen are very welcome when trying to choose what to eat from their vast menu.
We all chose to eat from their lunch time special menu... it was January after all, Food was delicious and served by a lovely young lady who ensured we had everything we needed.
The whole work force were a delight even saying cheerio as we left.
I will return and thought it only fair I put it on here as the whole of Sheffield needs to know where to go to enjoy delicious food and exemplary levels of service!

• Visited January 2013