“Great food, and they allow kids!”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #138 of 1,497 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We eat here once a week, the food is excellent, with a great choice on the menu. The place is always spotless and the service is excellent.

My only gripe would be the drinks can be pricey...

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have given this place so many opportunities and the poor, extremely slow service let's it down every time. Decor and comfortable surroundings - excellent. Lack of care and poor execution of service have spolit our experience each time. Would only now ever go for a drink as the prices do not warrant the standard of food and especially when delivered so slowly.

What a shame.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We dined at this pub/restaurant a couple of years ago and were disappointed so did not return. However, some friends gave it a good recent recommendation so we called in for Sunday lunch without checking the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The policy seems to be to add a starter or sweet for £3, effectively confirming that the mains are overpriced.
We had beef at £12.95 and lamb at £14.95, hefty prices for Sunday lunch so expectations were high. Vegetables were very tasty, but the quality of the meat did not match the price, and quantity was minimal.
One of many establishments that load up the vegetables and squeeze the meat portions, but with little justification at these prices.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

this is my local and I've given it enoguh rope...........
last night's experience: A glass of warm (expensive) white wine. When I took it back I was offered ice to cool it down!

previous experiences include (all on different nights):

brought an obviously still frozen fish pie to eat ( no refund or complementary drink offered to me as I waited for a cooked meal)- and had to remind them it came with salad!

Brought a second (identical) meal to eat 15 mins after finishing my meal

Given (and charged) the most expensive wine on the list- although not ordered

waited 25 mins for bill after plates eventually taken away and bill requested

Left after waiting at the bar for 12 mins- no staff whatsoever on the floor

I don't know whether there is a deliverate policy to try and pee off the customers, or whether they just don't really care as they know they will always getting passing trade.

Anyway that's it- enough. I'll stick to places where they know what they are doing. What a shame it could be a good place

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the first time we had been back here since the refurbishment 2yrs ago. some of the dishes are a bit pricey but, we had steak sandwhich and the burger, both dishes were very nice and tasy. Desserts were very reasonable at £3.00 and were beautiful. Service very obliging and interior clean and pleasant. We will go back and just hope that they can keep this consistancy up.