“Danger without the danger”
Review of Aerial Extreme Sheffield - CLOSED

Aerial Extreme Sheffield
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a unique, fun packed experience on one of the world’s most awesome High Ropes Adventure Courses, boasting over 35 exciting obstacles. Amaze yourself as you take each of the challenges head on, from speedy zips, mid air jumps, suspended gravity defying climbing walls, and much more. The outdoors has never been this much fun. No experience or skill is required, just a sense of adventure.
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Great day had on the course, although it was a little windy when we went (this added to the fun, they won't open if it's dangerous)

You need a decent level of fitness and upper body strength to get the most out of this place, it's not one for the professional couch potato.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

Kids were frighten but loved it, mummy was also frightened and had to climb down at the end. so glad we did it, so proud of the kids achievement. a must before it goes....

1  Thank natsheff
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I took oldest spawn a couple of days ago - he loved it. Personally I didn't like it but this was more to do with the feelings of imminent plummety death than anything else.

The staff were great and were very friendly. When we went there were only four of us on the course which meant little waiting and Boy was able to have as many trips around as he wanted.

Only drawback is the cost - £30ish for the two of us for two hours.

I would recommend taking a decent pair of gloves it will make it more comfortable as you hang on in grim terror (although this may just be me)

2  Thank Ferretygubbins
AerialExtremeLtd, Manager at Aerial Extreme Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Hello Mr Ferretygubbins. Firstly thank you for visiting the course, I can remember you! You did a good job of hiding how scared you were because it sure looked like you enjoyed every minute! We also take your comments about a “feeling of an imminent plummety death” and that “you hang on in grim terror” as a compliment.
Regarding the cost we always want to deliver the experience at a great price. So we do offer a 20% family discount all year round and this summer we are doing a 3 for 2 offer until the 31st of August. Just use promo code AE342 when making the booking online or over the phone. ;-)
Don’t forget your loyalty cards when you come back!
Simon

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went to this attraction 2 hours before the end of Phase 2 of the Tour de France, so it was amazingly busy in the Arena area. Took the tram (squashed like the Underground in London) but of course on any other day it is easy to drive to, with plenty of free parking.

Two boys, aged 10 and 8, and myself (over 50) set off on the course. Unfortunately the youngest lad got around half way through but then decided he was at his limit, and a staff member bounded up (literally bounded around the course!), strapped him into a special harness and lowered him down to the ground, then bounded off again leaving us to continue.
The course takes around 20 minutes to get around, and some parts are difficult, culminating with a free drop to the ground (about 60 feet).
Elder child went around twice more while we admired his climbing skills....
Staff were friendly, well informed and helpful. Never felt unsafe or worried in any way (other than making a fool of myself on one particular part where I really thought for a moment that I, too, would have to be "rescued")
Great fun!

2  Thank sosdrive
AerialExtremeLtd, Public Relations Manager at Aerial Extreme Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you very much for your favorable review sosdrive! It was a very busy weekend with the Tour De France finishing near by on the Sunday but i'm pleased to hear you had a great day (As did all the staff that day!). Not forgetting the free event that the council put on directly opposite us with the giant screen showing the finish! We would love to welcome you on the course again soon, maybe the youngest lad could see if he's able to make it a bit further. I'm glad to hear that you didn't need to be rescued although we would have been delighted to "bound over" once again! Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We aim to go the extra mile for all of our participants and hope this reflected in the service given.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I took my 9 yr old a few weeks ago, and he was thoroughly impressed (although cold), so went again today with him and my 6yr old. It was a little too much for her, but she enjoyed what she did. I would say this is predominantly aimed at 8yrs+.
The thing that stood out for me was the staff - all up-beat, happy to help and eager to what they were doing (I've never come across a team of 'young ones' like them - and no, I'm not related)- well done lads!
Good fun afternoon, would definitely recommend!!!

3  Thank Buttouski
AerialExtremeLtd, Guest Relations Manager at Aerial Extreme Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Hi Buttouski, Thanks for a great review, we are glad both of the kids had a great time! We are open most of the year even in the colder winter months. Also we do sell gloves at site for children and adults should you wish to join us in the winter again. We tend to find participants keep warm whilst on the course due to the adrenaline and physical activity but then start to feel cold once down. Ask us for a jacket if you are cold and we'll be more than happy to oblige!

We're glad your 6 year old enjoyed what she managed, its a challenge by choice activity and we understand everyone has different limits. I am sure you'll agree its a huge confidence builder and we encourage all children to try and go a little further each time to challenge themselves. For some participants that`s completing the bottom loop of the course, for some its completing the full course blindfolded! Thank you for the lovely comments regarding our "upbeat, happy to help and eager" staff. Most of the staff are in the outdoors industry for the love of the job so we're always a happy bunch! The team would really like to welcome you back soon, should you wish to return.

Ryan Kennedy