“Fantastic wedding”

Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My granddaughter recently god married here, and what can I say the day was perfect throughout, the sun was shining, the wine was flowing and everyone smiling, I have to say this has a great deal to do with the staff that was on, the main two people I would like to thank for the day running so smoothly is jodie and danny( or should I say Oliver) everything my granddaughter needed they got and they did an excellent job keeping her calm and making sure the gents was exactly where they was suppose to be as I know this can be hard when the bar is open, I've been to a few weddings in my time and for them to make sure every detail is spot on takes a lot of stress of the happy couple and allows them to mingle and enjoy the day, which on behalf of my granddaughter and new grandson in law I can say they definitely did.
Thank you to all the serving staff for a great day
Will see you all again soon hopefully

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BWMosborough, Manager at Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Dorothy Y,

Thank you for your review.

I was delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your granddaughters wedding, which was a privilege to host. I have shown your comments to Jodie, Danny and the whole team, who are really happy that you have recognised their hard work in this way.

Kind regrads,

Paul.

Paul Brown

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked the Mosborough as it allows pets and we have a 10 week old puppy, for 4 nights in May. Its close to the M1 and out of Sheffield itself so getting around is easy.
From the start our puppy was a hit with all the staff who quickly came to know her name and were even sought out by several who had heard about us. Everyone was so friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them, from room service to sweeping up the remnants of a stick our puppy chewed in the bar area.
Of the hotel itself it has a nice resturaunt and bar area, plenty of parking, free WiFi and of couse wonderful staff, so much so i'm back there again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Lovely hotel in the outskirts of Sheffield, in a quite, peaceful location.

Quite big room on the second floor. Bed was so comfortable that it took me quite a while to wake up next morning!

Plated full English breakfast cooked promptly after order. Service in the breakfast room was excellent from beginning to end.

In fact, all the staff I met during my stay (Front Desk, F&B and Housekeeping) should be praised for their good attitude, with smiling faces all around and a desire to go the extra mile so as to make my stay perfect.

I understand extra customer service is a "must" nowadays so as to improve guest experience and satisfaction, and for sure both things were more than fulfilled during my stay at the hotel.

Definately, my first choice next time I need a hotel in the Sheffield area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was our fifth visit to Mosborough Hall, we love it because we receive a good welcome and the place is so peaceful. All the staff are very friendly and made sure our stay was perfect. Am looking forward to our next visit,

Room Tip: If you want somewhere to relax then this is the perfect hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Feefaiscotland,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to hear of how much you enjoy to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Paul Brown

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice setting with a mixture of old an new. It has a really nice bar area with a pleasant restaurant and good food (evening meal/breakfast). We had a DB&B stay and it was excellent value all round. We have stayed here once before and we were just as pleased as we were the first time.
Over all, you get very good value for money. The hotel staff are welcoming and friendly, the rooms are clean and tidy, even if some areas may well be ready for a little TLC.

Room Tip: Due to the size and location of the hotel I think it is difficult to say if any room locations are b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Lovely building, reasonable pricing. The breakfast was over cooked, but still not that bad. Service was very good and the staff should take credit for an enjoyable stay. We stayed here as we were going to a nearby restaurant called the Vicarage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife & I spent 3 nights at the hotel whilst visiting ill relatives.
Details: Original building old, with reasonably sympathetic extensions. Staff friendly. We had slightly cramped room but with excellent bed; bathroom not cramped and over-bath shower powerful. Good TV but wall mounting poor [TV sloping at c.10 degrees! - see photo]. Food fine with good breakfast, though dinner menu limited. Plenty of car parking. Oddly, much paintwork looks a bit tired [maybe the colour?] whilst fixture & fittings good. Hotel easy to find.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family