Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandpiper Hotel(Chesterfield)
Aston Hotels(Sheffield)
View Hotel
All reviewsceremony roomwestern hotelspark and ridewedding venueafternoon teabar areafull englishbridal suitewedding breakfastthree course mealfour poster bedlovely buildingwedding guestswedding receptionmy mumvery pleasant staystandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here with my partner and son for the weekend, very close to the Peak District and Meadowhall. We had a large room with a double and a single in, food was lovely and the service received from the staff was excellent.

Whilst we were there, a Wedding was going off and I kept a close eye on the staff who were going out of their way to ensure the Bride and Groom had everything they asked for.

Would recommend!

Room Tip: We asked for a Family room that was clost to the car park
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed here a few times over the past few years and I would say that the accommodation is good but at times the restaurant/bar area could be better.

This time I had booked a dinner bed and breakfast deal which I will not do again as I didn't feel the dinner was worth what was being paid and the selection limited and I would have preferred a bar snack which would have been better value.

The staff on the night also seemed quite young and inexperienced, although quite helpful, but perhaps someone with more authority/experience should have been around. It was as if the hotel didn't care.

This being said I will stay here again as it is well placed for my business trips and I have stayed at a lot worse hotels.

Brian Luckhurst

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I visited the restaurant in the hope of a meal as good as the one we had about a year ago which was excellent.
We were shown to our table and oredered a bottle of Prosseco and a water. The prosecco EVENTUALLY arrived after 20 minutes and was warm, we had to ask again for the water. Our starters took equally long to arrive and we began to think we would be there all night waiting for this and that.The starters were very average, portions small.Our main courses were totally unacceptable, my husbands was clearly burnt to a crisp and mine was luke warm, oddly the plates had a small pert that was warm, the rest cold.
We had to ask for our side dish then gave up and sent it all back as by noe both meals were cold. the waiter was very obviously unhappy that the meals were returned. when the second attempt arrived we asked for the sidedish ( carrots) to be replaced as they were stone cold at which point the waiter said 'you want more carrots as well?'!!!
I think by now we had had quite enough, the tables on either side of us had also been served warm wine and had ice to put in it!!!
The service was appalling and grudging, we refused a dessert and coffee.We were offered a free drink and they knocked the price of the wine (£22 for a warm bottle of Prosecco) off the bill. this did not compensate for a ruined evening. My husband asked to see the restaurant manager but we werer told all of the management were un available but someone would ring us when they were in..........
Very very disappointing this used to be a first class hotel restaurant.We won't be returning,

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Great hotel,Staff went the extra mile to make your stay special. good food in restaurant.

Room Tip: Couples spoil yourselves and upgrade to Roberts Suite.Lovley room at top of original house. Only problem acess restricted via narrow stairs
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Around 6pm on a Wednesday evening we required some food and a drink for ourselves and a family friend. Our last visit to the Mosborough Hotel was more than a year ago but we were hopeful that we could just drop in and get something acceptable. There were plenty of vehicles in the car park but also plenty of spaces in the good sized car parks at the rear.

The bar area can be accessed directly from the outside, and there was already a reassuring buzz about the place with a good mix of age ranges and clearly different reasons for being there, i.e. business, leisure, waiting to go in the restaurant, eating bar meals, or seemingly just having a drink.

We choose to stay in the bar, rather than use the restaurant, and ordered a sandwich each plus drink, followed later by a dessert from the restaurant menu. The food was excellent and we were very well looked after by the bar staff, getting just the right amount of attention and speed of service. The bill was very reasonable.

A brief scan of other reviews re this hotel identifies some poor experiences but these tend to be somewhat dated and perhaps don't represent what is currently on offer. Obviously we cannot comment on the overnight accommodation, but good food, and a good bar attended by very pleasant but efficient staff, and in very pleasant surroundings etc., are helpful indicators of the potential for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family