1,908 results
All reviews overlooking the canal victoria quays city centre leisure facilities an upgrade steam room reception staff breakfast was excellent good nights sleep tea and coffee stayed here for one night gym tram arena meadowhall
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on business. After a long journey I was checked in to a room on the third floor. There was a used condom in the bin in the bathroom. Phoned reception and complained. Was then given another room on the third floor - the bed was wood with a mattress on top, very uncomfortable. I phoned again to change room. The third room was ok. No water in the room, no biscuits with the tea/coffee. Definitely not worth the money. By this time it was nearly 9pm. I went to the restaurant for dinner only to be told there was a 40 minute wait for food (there were ten people in the restaurant). This is the worst Hilton hotel I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
101HotelManager, General Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Dear Debbie B

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

I can only but apologise for the catalogue of errors and please be assured we are investigating this with the housekeeping team.

I would also like to apologise for the long delay in the restaurant and for the inconvenience that this caused.

Reviewed August 12, 2016

Don't be fooled by the pictures. By Hilton standards this is should have a lot less stars. Location is by a pretty canal but the area is dead. Underneath are closed/out of business shops/restaurants. The entrance is a real pain to find and not clearly signposted. I ended up walking through the car park where before the entrance I was greeted by a large skip of rubbish. Check in was OK and the reception is nicely decorated. Rooms are OK but of Hilton standard?? Access to the gym and pool was good and complimentary. The hotel is a little out of town and requires a walk past more run down/closed pubs and shops. I ate in the restaurant once that offered a small choice in food that resulted in a walk to town to eat the following day. Wifi was free as I am a hilton member (sign up if your not).
Breakfast was good choice and quality although I never got my coffee even though I asked twice.
As mentioned this isn't a bad hotel but average compared to other Hilton's is below the expected standard. Location did seem to let it down a bit as well. AT the time I was staying there were a lot of loud and rude (mostly american but some British) guests that made meal times very unpleasant.
As others as stated, it needs an upgrade.
I was recommended the Leopold next time.

Dear Ferdy76

Thank you for your feedback regarding Hilton Sheffield.

Your thoughts regarding the local area have been taken on board and I am sorry that you found the hotel difficult to find.

Your feedback regarding the meal choices have also been noted and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed breakfast.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

This overpriced hotel doesn't live up to Hilton's reputation. Rooms are dirty (with bugs and flies) and the swimming pool (where they have lessons for local children) was rather dirty. The hotel facilities made me feel as if I was in a hotel in the third world country. The only good part was their gym. Don't expect too much from the Quay view they boast - it't not very impressive.

Dear Dr_D_KIm

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am sorry if you found the bedroom dirty in any way and I am sure if this had been reported at the time this would have been rectified immediately.

I am also sorry if you found the swimming pool dirty as strict and regular checks of the pool are carried out.

Swimming lessons are held in the pool at specific times and days within a certain area of the pool leaving an open area for guests to swim.

Akan Tashin

Reviewed August 11, 2016

This was my second visit to this hotel and again it surpassed anything I have stayed in previously in Sheffield. The overall experience is worth the extra money. Everything is 1st class from check in to check out. The staff especially should have a special mention all so professional and friendly. The rooms are clean well laid out and some have a great view of the quayside and boats. I have stayed in 2 rooms one with a balcony and one without, but with a view still. My preference was the balcony room just loved sitting there watching the boats. Food wise I have enjoyed a good evening meal and always stay for breakfast. Breakfast, well all needs are catered for (one word fabulous). Overall I am always sorry to leave my stays are always too short.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Teresa J

Thank you for your feedback and once again I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

Your great feedback regarding all aspects of your stay have been shared with the team.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Pretty standard Hilton hotel, ideal for business stay. There is a good gym with lots of equipment and free weights. The bar didn't stock some of the basics, but its ok for a quick drink before going out.
The room and bed were comfortable and the breakfast good.
Don't know why you have to pay for parking though, you would have thought quests could park free!

Dear COYI_HammersFan

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and found the gym facilities good.

I was also pleased to see that you found your bedroom comfortable and breakfast good. Most City Centre hotel do also charge for car parking.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.