“A very special weekend”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Just had a two night stay recently for our nieces wedding and enjoyed every minute,from the time we arrived to the time we checked out we felt positively spoilt nothing was too much trouble,yes the bar meals and the drinks were a bit pricey and there was a bit of a hiccup with the order and one of our party had to wait a lot longer than anticipated but these comments are the only negative comments. Our room itself had plenty of room was immaculately clean with tea/coffee facility's and a wonderfully comfortable bed and bedding, breakfast is any time from 7am till 10 and the breakfast room was large enough to enable the wedding party to more or less sit together ,the breakfast itself contained everything from continental to a full English all tastes catered for ,the wedding itself wasn't a disappointment either the meal and service was all very special all in all a very enjoyable stay and would I stay there again the answer is yes

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding Hilton Sheffield and your Nieces' Wedding.

Your great feedback has been shared with all departments

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sheffield

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Second time here and as to be expected. The food was good, recommend the steak..Couple of minor gripes, my tv wasn't working the first night and one morning there was no hot water which I have never experienced in a big hotel chain before..Parking charges are a bit of a rip off and generally quite expensive, £10 for a glass of wine so if i had not been on expenses, I would not of stayed there...Would I stay again? Probably not, a Premier Inn would be as good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BuchanT

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding Hilton Sheffield and I am sorry that you found your stay average.

I am also sorry that you experienced issues with your television and unfortunately the loss of hot water was beyond our control. All efforts were made by the external company to have this rectified as soon as possible.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on business recently, and, in the way that work often necessitates, arrived at the hotel late with an early start the next day. I did not get the good night’s sleep that I needed. There was an event downstairs; my room was on the second floor as I was lying in bed with a migraine I could hear every wretched word of the innane ‘school disco’ type hits that were being played at a ridiculous volume late at night, including the Spice Girls and that offensive song by Robin Thicke. I complained about the volume several times but to no avail – I was promised it would be turned down but there was no discernable difference. (Why keep one person happy when there’s hundreds of people at the event….) I asked for ear plugs but the hotel had none. I had stayed here before on business but will look elsewhere next time; the one thing I need when staying at a hotel is to be able to sleep in peace, and this was denied.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding Hilton Sheffield and I am sorry that your stay was marred by noise.

We will always do our very best to allocate guests not attending the function on the highest floors available however this is not always possible due to certain room types being booked.

Soundproofing is continually being improved within the hotel also.

I do hope that you will consider staying with the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton as a treat while visiting Sheffield. The room was clean and the bed was huge but I found the bathroom was a little lacking in tlc. The shower curtain had seen better days but the toiletries were lovely however only enough for 1. I was a little disappointed to not be provided with complimentary water, I've stayed in places for less and have always had bottled water provided. Having said that our stay was great and the staff were polite and courteous. My last grumble is that to park there for 2 nights was another 12 quid! If I'm honest I probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you felt let down with certain aspects of the hotel and your feedback regarding the bathroom has been discussed with the Head Housekeeper.

Car parking is chargeable in most City Centre hotels and water is provided to Hilton HHonors members.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Let me start by saying I am a HHonors Diamond Card holder and stay frequently at the Hilton Sheffield.
Generally this is my preferred hotel by choice as I always find the staff, facilities and food to more than meet my needs.
I usually travel alone but on this occasion was accompanied by my wife who was very excited about her first stay at this Hilton.
It was terrible. I don't think we had a single night of undisturbed sleep. We only had sufficient toiletries for one person. Usually, because of my card status, I receive a bottle of water each day plus a snack such as nuts or jelly beans - not this time.
Food was fine - and reading other reviews, I have never had a dirty plate.
Beverley was excellent but one of the reception staff was rude and discourteous especially to my wife; it is not acceptable.
Will I stay again? Yes - I put this down to a one off.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with adjoining doors
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I was glad to read that your previous stays have always been good and I am unsure why we failed to do the same on this occasion.

Please be assured I have spoken to all necessary departments regarding your Hilton Hhonors benefits and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, great location for city centre crucible and peace gardens. Hotel was very clean good breakfast friendly staff, must mention the lovely Nicola Colton who works on reception who makes it her business to make sure your stay is perfect she is a real asset to the hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay whilst visiting Sheffield for the World Snooker championships.

Your great feedback has also been shared with all departments especially Front Office.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Room extremely clean, lots of space in the room, great staff and a really quiet !!

Great nights sleep, comfortable beds !!

Would really recommend if your staying in Sheffield !! So easy find and real gem.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.