“£14.95 Wifi access” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Sheffield
london
“£14.95 Wifi access”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, business friendly rooms, lovely staff, good gym. Check in was friendly but a bit understaffed.

I won't be staying here again because £14.00 for internet access when I pay £28.00 for a month at home is a ripoff.

Room Tip: Find somewhere with free Wifi
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and overall I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Unfortunately the cost of WIFI is goverened by Head Office however we do offer this complimentary to all guests in public areas and to Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My first contact after booking was with reception team member, Katey, that was my first taste of exceptional service that followed me round the hotel. She sorted out a problem with the booking, (totally my fault) professionally and efficiently.
Upon arrival I was greeted with the same level of friendly and perfectly balanced efficiency. Katey, you truly are a Hilton star!
I had a lovely room, spotlessly clean though my room could have used some minor attention to maintenance detail, it's shower above bath arrangement which leaked quite badly. This did not detract from the lovely linen, bed and generally, well appointed room.

Room service staff were again just lovely to speak to. It makes such a difference to how you feel about a property and costs nothing! Just a bit of effort. Food was reasonably priced and arrived quickly. I had an early room service breakfast which was simply perfect!

The leisure facilities were spotless, large, warm pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam and very well equipped gym.

Location is just a few minutes walk from central shops, a huge Tesco, 10 minutes walk. On-site parking isn't a bank breaker neither.

All in all, fantastic! Had a lovely visit! Thanks, all round!

This Hilton is a credit to the name! Well done, I look forward to returning, in fact, I've booked for Christmas and New year!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

Your great comments have been shared with all departments especially Katie. It is always a pleasure to receive such comments regarding our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Christmas!!

Formby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton in Sheffield to attend my daughters graduation ceremony. The hotel was very welcoming and comfortable, with the front desk staff asking if we were there for a graduation. Arrived late in the evening so had a pleasant nightcap in the bar. The breakfast was up to the normal Hilton standard, plenty of fresh fruit, full English and then the tempting pastries. 10 minute walk to the city centre.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay for your Daughter's graduation.

Your great feedback has been shared with all departments.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I booked a room at the Sheffield Hilton on 10th Nov for a one night stay on 23rd Nov, payment in full taken at time of booking when I called the Hilton booking line service (not a third party booking agent, direct with hotel).
On the day of my stay I was called at about 6pm by the hotel manager to tell me that the hotel had been overbooked and my booking had been swapped to the Jury's Inn.
I was not 'asked', I was 'told', and told that there was no alternative.

I was not happy about being moved but the manager explained it was common procedure for the hotel to overbook and for people to get moved in this manner. There seemed to be little in the way of an apology, and I was again told there was absolutely no way a room could be made available to me at the Hilton.

I find this absolutely unacceptable. How can a hotel take your money in the knowledge that you may not actually receive the bedroom you booked??

I especially wanted to make use of the swimming pool facility before meeting friends the following morning, the Jury's Inn had no pool facility and I was told I could make my way to the Hilton to use the facilities - a prospect which was unlikely to be convenient for me (the hotels are not next to each other), and therefore I missed out on my swim.

The manager tried to sell the move to me by saying that at the Hilton I was booked on B&B board, and at the Jury's Inn I would get breakfast - but I already had plans to meet my friends for breakfast so this was of no use to me.

The manager also told me the Jury's Inn room was more expensive than the offer I had booked for the Hilton, however if I had booked the Jury's Inn in advance as I had done with the Hilton, the room would have in fact been cheaper. I checked.

After assuring me no financial compensation could be made I swiftly passed the phone to my husband and lo-and-behold a few strong words resulted in a 50% refund (still not yet appearing in my bank account however).

So not only are the Hilton putting the importance of selling out all their rooms ahead of acceptable customer service, they are not forthcoming in offering suitable compensation and expect a customer to be 'grateful' for them breaking their contract.

I'm disgusted in the way we were treated and will not be booking with Hilton in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I am sorry for the out book situation.

Your experience is not reflective of our normally high standards of service and I am currently reviewing the booking out policy.

I understand that the Manager on Duty did try and explain to you why this had happened and I am sorry if they failed to do correctly and offer our apologies.

I can assure you that the refund has taken place and once again please accept my sincere apologies for the experience that occurred.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Tired decor. Restaurant dinner was very average- although it was late and there were no other options. Breakfast good. Room OK but thats about it. There might be a 200 character minimum but its impossible to say anything more about a very average hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you found the decor looking tired and dinner average.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed breakfast and I do hope that you will consider staying with the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Kelso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location for any of the sporting venues. Very clean, well maintained spacious rooms. Only costs us £64 per room per night and we were upgraded, bargain. Did not eat in hotel but there is a huge choice of restaurants within a 10 min walk.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and I was glad to read that you found the hotel in an ideal location.

Your feedback regarding the rest of the hotel has been noted and shared; thank you.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Where do I start, fantastic hotel, fabulous facilities, gorgeous food, wonderful staff who couldn't be anymore helpful, just my idea of heaven. It is ideally located for the town centre, Meadowhall, the station, the tram just everything. We love it ,love it, love it. Thankyou

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest

Thank you for fantastic comments on this website and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.