“Excellent stay - really liked this hotel”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay - really liked this hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Must admit to some trepidation about my planned stay, based on some of the indifferent reviews on Tripadvisor. As it turned out, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Very friendly, helpful & attentive staff throughout, despite the hotel being full. Complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room, which was very well equipped, spacious, with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was superb, with an extensive vegetarian choice. topped off by an excellent egg chef, where nothing was too much trouble. Very handy for the tram to the Motorpoint Arena, (Pulp were superb), & will definitely return to the Hilton when attending future concerts there.
Charging guests for the on-site car park is a personal niggle, but at £5, I have paid a whole lot more elsewhere in the past.
Other than loose bathroom taps, & the car park charge, faultless.
Oh, & the local Dominos Pizza deliver until 5.00am.......perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite your reservations and found all the staff members helpful and friendly.

I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the upgrade to a deluxe room followed by a superb breakfast the following morning.

Your thoughts regarding car parking charges have been taken on board and I am sorry that you found the bathroom taps loose. I have asked for all of these to be checked.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

stayed for 1 night after shopping at meadow hall.Was not our first choice hotel but unable to get in our other choices,this was the most expensive.Arrived approx' 5:00pm to find a big queue of people trying to check in.When we got to check in, we were originally told our room was not ready,but after a phone call,were told our room was ready but there were no towels available.If we wanted towels they could get us some from the spa.I expected the towels to be delivered to our room,but whilst still checking in someone from the spa came and put 2 towels in my arm.We were not asked if we knew what time breakfast was or even were it was.To be fair the room was ok .Breakfast was average but the buffet area was small and cramped with everyone trying to get there breakfast.About 10 minute walk to city centre.In general Ithink there are better and cheaper hotels in Sheffield city centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am sorry for the delay at check in followed by missing towels in your room. I agree the way in which the towels were then presented to you is not the level of service that we should offer and I have addressed this with the Head Housekeeper.

I would also like to apologise for the lack of information during check in and once again I have asked the Front Office Manager to speak to his team. The information is also available in the guest service directories in each bedroom.

I am sorry that you stay was marred in such a way and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

________________________________________
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here following a friends wedding and were thoroughly impressed by the whole hotel. The staff were very helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, with a wide variety of food all of which was very tasty. Unfortuntately it was a flying visit and we didnt have a chance to use the gym and the pool but we left thoroughly impressed with a lovely hotel.
Thanks!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the canal which was lovely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, December 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay for a friend’s wedding and found all staff members helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable.

Your great feedback regarding breakfast has also been noted and shared.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Comfortable stay and good facilities. Scenic location overlooking the victoria quays. Complimentary breakfast provided. All in all good value for money. Cost of water bottle is ridiculous though. They charge four pounds for å liter of mineral water.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website and it is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially the Quayside location.

I am sorry however that you find the cost of bottled water too high; thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night.

Positives:
Service from all the staff was great.
Spa and pool area ( with towels provided)
Breakfast - could have pancakes and waffles aswell as the usual stuff
Nice complimentary toiletries

Negatives
Tv in room was of poor picture quality.
Lift took forever to come when called if at all!
£5 for parking

Would definitely recommend though as the good outweighed the bad

• Stayed December 2012

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff members great and you enjoyed the use of LivingWell and complimentary toiletries. Your great feedback regarding breakfast has also been noted.

I would like to apologise however for the poor television quality and I have asked the Maintenance Manager to investigate this as soon as possible.

I am also sorry that the lift was slow on this occasion and you found the cost of car parking too high.

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on several different occasions, so have a good feel for the level of service and standards provided. The rooms are a reasonable size and the beds are fairly comfortable. However, there is little in the way of soundproofing between the rooms and any sort of noise in the corridors is clearly audible from nearby rooms. I know soundproofing doesn't come cheap, but most hotels in this price bracket seem to do a better job.

Room service is consistently slow and inconsistent in terms of presentation. I've waited 50mins to an hour on several occasions.

Breakfast in the restaurant is good, with a wide selection of food on offer.

Some of the charges are on the high side - £5 tray charge with room service, £15 for one night of broadband, £5 for parking even if staying at hotel etc.

The hotel has a very good (Living Well) gym which is free for residents to use.

Sheffield isn't exactly awash with high quality hotels and the Hilton offers little to stand out from the mediocre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

As a regular guest at the Hilton Sheffield I was disappointed to read that you find the hotel average.

I am sorry that you have experienced noise during your stay’s and we are doing all that we can to improve soundproofing within the hotel.

I would also like to apologise for the inconsistent room service that you have experienced and I agree that this is unacceptable. Your comments have been discussed with the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager in order for this to improve.

Your comments regarding prices of room service, car parking and Internet have been noted and I am sorry that you find these too high. We do offer complimentary WIFI to all guests in public areas and in room to our gold and diamond Hilton Hhonors members.

I was glad to see however that you do enjoy the use of LivingWell.

If you do experience any concerns during future visits please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sheffield
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Attended a function for 120 guests at this hotel to find that apart from seating for 8 persons no other seats were available in the bar area. Shame as the evening was excellent ,staff and food first class. However bar prices extortionate.£24.00 for a bottle of Rose wine a bit over the top.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas A
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, November 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that during the function you attended there was a lack of seating in the bar area. We will always try and have additional seating in the bar area in addition to the seating in the function room itself.

I was glad to see that you did still enjoy your evening and your comments regarding the bar prices have been taken on board.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.