“Hilton Hit”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here in a twin room with my daughter in November 2011. We had a special offer and used it to see The Red Hot Chilli Peppers at The Motorpoint Area.
Location wise it was a long way from the venu so not the best choice for getting back as we found it difficult to get a taxi.The hotel itself was good value for what we paid.
The food was great and exactly what I have come to expect on visits to Yorkshire.Breakfast is the best I have had in any hotel and the room service menu was also very good quality.
The Spa was of a high standard and we had a treatment in the Beauty Room. Excellent therapists.
My pedicure was of a high standard as was my daughter's manicure.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and happy to chat. In fact they made us feel at home.
The room was clean and well maintained and value for what we paid.I would like to stay here again but there was not much in Sheffield itself to warrant a visit in the near future. However I do have a famous ancester who is buried there so I may be back when Sheffield completes the restoration work on his memorial.

Room Tip: Go for a special offer
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed you and your Daughter enjoyed your stay with us in November last year.

I was especially glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and treatments that you had in LivingWell and your comments have been shared with the team.

If you do decide to visit Sheffield again we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Hilton Sheffield week in week out, and continually receive excellent service, food and accommodation. Other facilities (gym & pool) are also superb.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

As a regular guest at the Hilton Sheffield I was happy to see that you continually receive excellent service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just returned from a sat night stay at the Sheffield Hilton, everything was superb including the service we received from all the staff, the excellent room with a view over the quayside which looked like it had been recently refurbished.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had the gravadlax starter which came with rocket and rhubarb salad with a lime dressing, different and very nice, followed by two sirloin steaks very tasty and cooked to perfection.
Breakfast the next morning again was first class the fried eggs are to die for so very light the best I have every had.
So an excellent stay which is highly recommended.

One slight hicup was when the waitress spilt a full glass of red wine over my shirt, she was very helpfull and offered to have it drycleaned which wasnt needed as it did come out, and of course we all have accidents, ( plus its usually me!) however she could have replaced the wine!!

Peter

Room Tip: the quayside views are very nice we stayed in 509 on the top floor which looked as if it had been re...
1  Thank peter325i

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was thrilled to read that this was the ‘best Hilton you have stayed at’ and thank you for taking the time to praise the team.

Your great feedback regarding your evening meal and breakfast has also been noted.

I would like to apologise however for the wine that was spilt but I was glad to see that this did not spoil your stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield for some future occasion.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have just got back from a one night stay at this Hotel.
On arrival we parked with ease on the Hotels Car Park, when we got to the reception Danielle checked us in very smoothly and professionally, we recieved 2 free drinks vouchers (think this was because our room wasn't quite ready), and also a 15% voucher off food and drink during our stay.
We were allocated room 317, I had previously rung and requested a room with a balcony, but this hadn't been granted. But with the weather as it was and the fact I hadn't paid for one, i wasn't bothered! The room however was massive, and was of the newly refurbished rooms. Although the room had been refurbished, the bathroom hadn't and it did actually need to be brought up to the standard of the rest of the room. The room i had paid for was a 'Deluxe Double', it had a large t.v, huge bed, a settee, a seperate sitting area, it was huge.
They had left us a box of two chocolates and a mini bottle of white wine also, which was a nice touch.
The room had no safe, no air con or a fridge, which i suppose would of been nice.
This hotel is not far at all to the centre, £4 in a taxi. Or a 15min walk.
All hotel staff were extremly helpful and we would definatly return. Next time i will request the same standard room, but will pay for the balcony.
Thanks again for a brilliant stay.

Room Tip: Deluxe Double with Balcony
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Your great feedback regarding Danielle has been noted and this was great to hear as she is one of our new team members on Reception.

I am glad you enjoyed one of our King Bedrooms and I can confirm that safes are soon to be installed into our bedrooms. Unfortunately our bedrooms do not benefit from having air conditioning or fridges however fans are provided and if requested a fridge can be placed in bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding at another hotel in Sheffield. We booked a king room and we had room 417 which is on the back in the middle of the hotel with a large bay window area and good view of the marina. I would recommend this room as it is spacious and comfortable - the shower could be due an upgrade soon but overall it's a very comfy and pretty quiet room. The hotel was very busy but you would not have know that by the way the staff coped and worked so well together. From reception to restaurant to bar staff to breakfast chef, all were very friendly and a smile was not extra! I think the staff here are at the top end of what I have seen and are obviously well trained and motivated. Food in the restaurant was good, my steak deliciously under cooked as per my liking and the atmosphere and service were great.
We did not have much time for exploring Sheffield but if we decide to return then the Hilton is a definite for a re-visit.

Room Tip: Large King deluxe rooms like 417 are a good choice - give good space for sitting.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield and I would like to thank you for your great feedback.

It is always a pleasure to read that the staff members ‘made your stay a winner’ and your feedback has been shared with the team.

Your comments regarding the goof food in the restaurant has also been shared with the Head Chef.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff were welcoming. The room was large with balcony and view over canal basin (which we had to pay extra for). The decor show signs of age. The carpets in the bedroom are stained (you don't want to walk on them with bare feet). Cigarette burn hole in net curtain. Bathroom tap fitment moves when you turn it on or off. Tiny wardrobe. Good breakfast with freshly cooked eggs and waffles. For very basic hotel fine but only just.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the canal basin, even if you have to pay extra
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Hilton Sheffield.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast and the service from the staff. I am sorry that you did not find the room to be up to the standard that we strive to achieve. I have passed your comments onto the Head Housekeeper and Facilities Manager in order to ensure these issues are rectified.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sheffield in the very near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Bar food no more than frozen pizza - would definitely expect more from Hilton

Fitness centre and spa is fantastic, quiet,had pool basically to ourselves,amazing facilities

Key card didn't work on 3occasions,had to call duty manager up to get it rectified. However they were very polite and offered complimentary drinks

The cleaning team were lovely, brought in robes,slippers,small bottle wine and 2chocolates to make up for the key card issue.

Room service from restaurant was good and not too expensive

Double bed was massive and very comfy

Very clean and good facilities in room,I,e, hair dryer,iron,etc

Will definitely return,just won't eat in bar!

• Stayed: September 2011
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed the service and facilities that we have to offer.

I am disappointed to read your thoughts on the meal in the bar and I have spoken to our head Chef in order to rectify this.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.