“Sleepless night”

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
east yorkshire
“Sleepless night”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights this weekend for a restful weekend prior to starting a busy week of night shift. Unfortunately found it impossible to sleep due to some noise in/in the vacinity of the room which sounded like a fan or a boiler and which went on all night long. Instead of coming home well rested I am exhausted. Receptionist seemed disbelieving when I informed her of the problem I had experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Many thanks for reviewing our Hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry to learn that you had problems sleeping and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. I am keen to establish the exact cause of the problem and hope you will contact me with specific details such as the room in question allowing us to investigate the matter and take corrective action. I am uncertain as to whether you mentioned and highlighted the problem during your stay as this would have allowed the Hotel an opportunity to move you to an alternative room. Whilst not ideal it would at the least you a comfortable second night. I look forward to hearing from you and can assure you that the Hotel will go some way in restoring your faith.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2010

19 of us for 60ish to 2 yrs old. Rooms very comfortable. Evening meal and service excellent. Leisure centre small but very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you found our Hotel to be providing excellent facilities at a reasoanble price and that you would recommend our Hotel to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

sheffield uk
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed for business when the Copthorne was full, the rooms were ok , although bathroom tiny with a fan that ran ALL NIGHT. Bed was 2 pushed together with a gap so uncomfortable, tv useless no satellite and bad reception. Breakfast "ok" although not hot and we had to wait for coffee, waitress pleasant but smelt heavily of garlic which was rather offputting.Staff were insulting to my husband when he walked our dogs in the grounds( we had asked if it was ok to do so).Said "Do you know this is a 4 star hotel" felt like replying " No we thought it was 0 star if you are anything to go by!" but of course we were too polite to do so. Amazingly the internet was switched off at 8pm !!After that it was charged for .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you for also reviewing our Hotel after having reviewed two other Sheffield hotels over the past twelve months. I am sorry to hear that, despite being a loyal guest, your usual Hotel could not accommodate your booking. I am pleased that our Hotel had the opportunity to welcome you and provide accommodation for you in these circumstances. I am genuinely sorry you had reason to comment and found your stay to be unsatisfactory. It appears our Hotel had some benefits though over the two other Hotels you have reviewed by way of having heating, by way of having easy access to and from the car park, by way of having no exceptions with our reception staff, by way of having a gym that is open and fantastic, by way of not having squeaky manholes outside and finally by way of having easy to operate air conditioning controls. I appreciate and have noted your other comments and will address these and am sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result. I would like to clarify that internet access is free between 8am and 8pm as advertised within our hotel and on our literature and does not get turned off and is available for use by business and leisure guests alike seven days a week. Our Hotel, like most other Hotels, does not allow dogs on the premises (other than guide dogs). I am sorry that this left you with no choice but to leave your dog in the car and hope that the booking agent at Superbreaks made you aware of our policy before making a booking for you. Naturally, the Hotel would have welcomed an opportunity to rectify things at the time but at this late stage I can only offer you my most sincere apologies.

england
Reviewed November 11, 2010

stayed here. as had an appt at a nearby hosp. traveled from kent so was tired when we arrived. no fussy parking, good bar service. their was a funeral party going on , but was still greeted wiyh a smile. bar served excellent coffee. and was comfortable. aftere re turning from my appt. we had evening meal. very nice and reasonable. then sat in bar for an hr. the rooms were very clean . and modern. wished i.d brought my laptop.. went to bed around 10pm. with all intentoins of going for a swim befor breakfast in the spa. didnt achieve that as we didnt wake up til 9.30 and that was my daughter ringing my mobile. . couldnt believe i.d slept that long. fantastic nights sleep. and im an insomniac. rushed down to breakfast. and was amazed at the variety and quality. and again the friendly service. will with out any dout use this hotel again. and highly recommended. thank you s.p,h,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time with us and that, following your experience, you would stay with us again and would recommend our Hotel to friends. Comments such as yours are a great source of motivation to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

leeds
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The Sheffield Park Hotel exceeded expectations. We had booked in for just one night - a Saturday - on a package that seemed a good deal, and purely on value the place cannot be faulted. A really nice room - comfortable and quite stylish; a generous dinner offer as part of the package; a good night's sleep; and an ample breakfast. We could have used the pool but opted to go into the city instead. The whole hotel is of a very good standard. What set it apart, though, was the feel-good atmosphere that seems to be a product of really nice staff and a lot of happy customers. The staff came across as genuinely attentive and caring, which makes guests feel welcome and at home. The hotel must be doing something right as it was surprisingly busy and the restaurant was certainly buzzing. That's not to say that everything was perfect in efficiency terms (in the evening, the waiting team in the restaurant seemed to be balanced at times on the edge of dis-organisation) but that was actually rather entertaining. The food was good, too. The fact that at breakfast one of the staff in the servery asked my wife and a total stranger (who just happened to be next in line for the eggs) if "they'd had a good night" just added to the general merriment. This hotel really deserves to do well.

1 Thank landscapemanleeds
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay on one of our packages on offer, all of which indeed represent outstanding value for money! I have noted your comment regarding the efficiency in our Restaurant and will address this. I was pleased that you viewed your experience as a whole and that on the whole you had a great time and experienced the genuine approach and warmth of our staff. We do want to do well and do hope you will come back to our Hotel in the future.

Newcastle UK
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed for one night DBB on way back home from London.
Staff work hard and try to make this a successful hotel but we were not really impressed.
Room was small and bathroom tiny. Safe not working, staff could not fix it - did offer to move us but after unpacking and only there 1 night declined. Our room overlooked the garden so quiet until we tried to get to sleep - extractor fan in bathroom was on continually, very irritating.
Bed also on small side and ,as a previous reviewer mentioned ,pillows were awful.
We decided to use our dinner allowance to eat al a carte as nothing appealed on set menu. Starters Ok, main good. Breakfast basic buffet. I expected more choice. We went to breakfast early as guests we were talking to said previous day it had been chaos with queues and tables not cleared. Service was good while we were there but getting busy as we left.
We were on "Ramblers " deal. Told our pack would be delivered to our room, asked again... still waiting!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience at our Hotel and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. All of our rooms are of a similar size and comparable to rooms at other Hotels. I have noted your comment regarding the pillows. The Hotel has not had a change in the type of pillows it provides and I am sorry if it was not to your personal liking. I have spoken to our maintenance team to address the technical issues within the room. I was however pleased to see our staff did offer an alternative room to alleviate the problems which you declined. Naturally, I am concerned to hear that your pack was not delivered to your room and that it was not delivered at all. I would like an opportunity to remedy this and your other comments and hope you will contact me direct on 0114 282 9988.

London UK
Reviewed November 1, 2010

First imprssions of the hotel are excellent, on the first night we had booked dinner which took over 1 hour for the starter to arrive, the restaurant manageress was very apologetic and gave us a discount on the next nights meal.
Breakfast however was very slow and on the second morning we were not even offered coffee or toast. We couldn't even find a waitress to ask as they were so busy re-setting tables. The queue was also very long and I don't feel there is enough seating for the amount of people in the hotel.
The rooms are large and spacious but you don't get enough tea, coffee etc.
All in all it was a good hotel but the service in the restaurant at breakfast really lets it down.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time to post a review following your stay at our Hotel. I am sorry to learn that on this occasion you had reason to comment on our food and beverage operation and can assure this is most untypical for our usual high standards of service. With regards to in room supply of tea and coffee I would like to point out that, as listed in the services directory in the room, the Hotel would always be more than willing to provide additional supplies. I am genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused and trust that my reply and apology will go some way in restoring your faith in us and that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.