“High quality, superb value and a convenient location for touring”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The "Chatsworth 2 day Hotel Break" provides superb value for money in very comfortable Executive rooms and amenities close to the city centre, Meadowhall, and the best of the Peak District . However a car is essential to make the most of your stay. We enjoyed the "Daily Menu" evening meal included as part of the break on night one, and the quality of all meals was excellent throughout our stay. On the second night we didn't bother with A La Carte, but chose our meal once again from the (new) daily menu.
The swimming pool and changing facilities are small, but during the mid afternoon the pool was not crowded. Overall, an excellent venue for a 4 star short break.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2010

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your 2 day Chatsworth Break with us and found it to be superb value for money! The Sheffield Park Hotel offers many special packages all representing outstanding value. I have passed your positive comments regarding the daily menu and food quality to our Head Chef. The Hotel offers a daily changing daily menu in addition to the a la carte menu with all dishes cooked and prepared at the Hotel. The Hotel is located South of Sheffield and provides convenient access to the Peak District, Meadowhall and the City Centre. To make the most of it a car is handy yet not essential. Free car parking is available to all of our guests. It was good to learn the break also allowed you to unwind and make use of our inclusive leisure facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ivar van Diepen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,663)

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We booked this hotel as it was a great ""2 night dbb offer"" (stop over),, what a gem !!, 9/10

""NOT"" much around the area of the hotel BUT on the door step to the peak district and SHOPPING, (if thats your thing) all via car,
the dinner in the package was so so very nice.the breaky was beaut,, the staff made the break,
The Spa == I must say the young girls are lovely but need a little more exp, 5/10
GO you will enjoy it. !!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for reviewing the Sheffield Park Hotel following your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and were able to take advantage of one of the many great rates the Sheffield Park Hotel has to offer. Whilst located South of the City Centre the Hotel offers easy access to the Peak District as well as Meadow Hall and the Centre of Sheffield itself. I was pleased you found the food included in your package to be of good quality and value. The Hotel will address your feedback in regards to the level of experience of the staff by way of additional training without losing sight of the friendliness they have demonstrated. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at the bargain price of £50 per night with breakfast. We opted for dinner on the first night £15 each for 3 course excl drinks. The hotel isn't well located for restaurants so we thought dinner in was a good option. Food was fine, but we had to complain about our lack of drinks, twice. It was like we were invisible, and other people were served before us. Staff were really friendly but very young, so when we asked where are drinks were 20 mins after we ordered them the young waiter said he'd solve it and didn't. I had to walk to the maitred to complain as our starter came and we still had no drinks. Plus my glass had a crack in it. Triple bad luck I feel! I cannot complain about how nice the staff were, and for the price you can't beat it, you get to use the pool, steam etc for no extra cost. Good location for peak district and chatsworth.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I was pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be offering unbelievable value along with great staff friendliness. I am however genuinely sorry that the drinks service was not as smooth as it should have been and will ensure that this is addressed with further training. Our leisure facilities are free to use to residents of the Hotel and offer a great opportunity to relax and unwind. Located on the edge of the Peak District the Hotel is ideally situated for visiting Chatsworth as well as nearby Meadow Hall or the Centre of Sheffield. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We were allocated the very quiet room 322 last weekend, after requesting a quiet area of the hotel. The room was furnished to a high standard, with clear emphasis on cleanliness and good quality fabrics. Breakfast was prepared to a high standard, with prompt and friendly service. Leisure facilities were a pleasure to use, with very helpful yet unobtrusive staff. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am delighted you had an excellent experience and found our facilities to be of a high standard. The Sheffield Park Hotel is an independent AA four star Hotel that indeed offers great facilities backed up by a team that is focussed on providing excellent customer service. Your comments provide a great source of motivation for the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

I don't normally write reviews but was very impressed with this hotel & i hope others will find my review helpful. I stayed with my husband for a one night champagne break & we had a very enjoyable stay. We received a warm welcome & all of the staff we came into contact with were very friendly. Everywhere was spotlessly clean & well maintained, we had a spacious room with everything you needed for a comfortable stay. Whilst the pool was fairly small, it wasn't very busy so we enjoyed our swim, also the steamroom & jacuzzi were good. The best feature was the food which was cooked to perfection, i had scallops then fillet steak which were both sucullent & tasty. There was a good choice for breakfast with good quality bacon & sausages. We will definately recommend this hotel to family & friends & we hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable break and that our staff looked after you and your husband. We aim to deliver outstanding customer service and it was great that you have acknowledged that the Hotel and team delivered this. The Hotel offers many packages such as the Champagne Break and Chatsworth Break that represent outstanding value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and meanwhile are delighted you will recommend our Hotel to friends and family.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Just returned from a 2 night Chatsworth 'special' at the Sheffield Park Hotel. On arrival we were able to check in quickly even though a number of guests all arrived at the same time. Room on the first floor which was larger than expected and very true to photos posted on Pedersons website. Tea/coffee making equipment in the room and a small fridge which was very useful. Bathroom compact and very clean - had to ring for some extra hand towels and the housekeeping phone was answered by a lovely sounding lady (Sarah?) who delivered the towels within 5 minutes.Overall quality of room excellent. The package included dinner on the 1st night - this meal by far exceeded our expectations. The three courses were beautifully presented and the quality of the food perfect. All the staff in the dining room are a credit to the hotel. Breakfast both mornings was excellent - plenty of choice. Approx 1/2hr scenic drive to Chatsworth - didn't get chance to use the leisure facilities so can't comment. Overall a highly recommended hotel whose staff cannot be faulted.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Thank you for your review following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and would recommend the Hotel to others. Our Chatsworth package provides excellent value for money and I am again very pleased that you highlighted our staff as being a credit to the Hotel. Feedback, such as yours, provides a great source of motivation to them! I have equally passed your comments to our Kitchen brigade and am pleased your meal exceeded your expectations. I trust you we can welcome you back soon and that on that occasion you will have a chance to experience our full range of leisure facilities.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Positives: Location is convenient if going to visit Chatsworth House and the Peak District, plenty of staff around, bedroom good size and modern - good price including tickets to Chatsworth House. Breakfast okay.

Negatives: We were apparently in an Executive Room - the bathroom was minute & low level of towels and sparse toiletries. Bathroom Fa unstoppable, some lights in room not working and broken fittings in bathroom. Net curtains at window with "cigarette burn" holes on them (we were in a non smoking room). Breakfast food lukewarm & not hot and croissants inedible. My husband had main course which was ok. I had the ribeye steak from the A La carte menu (£16.95) & the steak is all you receive - each vegetable or side you pay extra for. The garlic & horseradish butter that was supposed to come with the steak was non existent. To be fair the restaurant is typical of chain hotel restaurants - bland. It was about a third full on a Friday evening & we were seated opposite the storage area which was dirty , kept getting staff walking past us to dump cutlery down and overall was tired & in need of an upgrade. When the waitress asked if we had enjoyed our meal & I politely said "not really" she basically just said "lovely" and then ignored us thereafter. I ended up with the Ops Manager taking our order for coffee & I did point out to him that where we were seated was poor & that the food was poor too. TBH I usually wouldn't complain & would be British about it all & say "fine". The Ops Mgr was very helpful & apologised - he later came & told us he had adjusted our bill with a discount although when we went to check out it wasn't reflected immediately.
Overall based on staying here it would have to be a great review & offer to tempt us to stay in one of the sister hotels as it wasn't a good 1st time experience of this chain. All the staff we met were young & seemed keen - I just think they need to be a customer for the day so they can see how hotel looks from the other side & some leadership as the basics are there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at our Hotel. I was sorry to learn that on this occasion you felt had reason to comment and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. I have already spoken to our Housekeeping Manager regarding the lapse of service standards you experienced to ensure your comments are addressed. I would like to highlight that additional towels and or toiletries are always available on request. In respect of your comments regarding the Restaurant I would like to apologise for the experience you have had. On the whole, our Restaurant receives very good feedback both with regards to quality of food and service. I was therefore surprised with your comments. I was pleased that, despite some confusion, an acknowledgement was made by our Operations Manager. I genuinely hope that my reply and apology goes some way in restoring your faith in us and that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from using our Hotel in the future. I would be more than happy to assist with a preferential booking arrangement for a next visit at our Hotel and hope you will contact me. Thank you for your comments.