“an excellent stay with excellent staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Chicago
“an excellent stay with excellent staff”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this attractive, well managed hotel. Receptionists, restaurant, leisure centre and housekeeping personnel, were all,without exception. helpful and friendly
Although outside the city centre,regular buses stop outside the hotel giving guests the opportunity to go into the centre without worrying about car parking.
It was a pleasure staying at the Sheffield Park, an ideal base we believe, for business and leisure visitors alike.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Our location offers the best of both worlds as one can retreat to a peaceful well maintained location yet visit the hustle and bustle of the town when wanted or needed. The proximity to Chatsworth House adds another dimension! Your comments have been shared with all those involved and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheffield Park Hotel in the future whether it is for business or leisure.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Northampton
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I agree with most of the positive comments already posted. We stayed for two nights in Feb 10 and found the hotel to be almost perfect for what we wanted (a break for a few days). The hotel is clean and the staff very helpful. The room clean and tidy. The Health Suite was good (although it does look bigger in the pics, but I guess all hotels try and make things like this look bigger) and the staff there helpful also. My only complaints (and these were small) were that our room (228) had probably the worst view possible and if we were staying longer (or planning more time in the room, we would have asked for a change). We had breakfast at the hotel and it was of a reasonable quality, but I did get the impression that they were short staffed. On our second morning at breakfast, I was shown to a table. I then ate my cereal than cooked breakfast (which was delicious) before a waiter asked if I wanted tea or coffee. A few minutes later a lot of people came for breakfast and the staff seemed to be struggling to cope.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. It was a pleasure reading your review as the Hotel aims to deliver outstanding customer service. Your description of almost perfect is a great encouragement for the team! Whilst all of our rooms are equal in terms of available facilities the view differs and I am sorry a room overlooking our landscaped garden was not allocated. With regards to your breakfast experience I am sorry for this minor lapse in service standards and can assure you that corrective action has been taken to prevent reoccurrence. We look forward to having an opportunity of welcoming you back to the Sheffield Park Hotel in the future.

cheshire
Reviewed February 21, 2010

had 1 night stay at this hotel booked off travelzoo.everything was exceptional,all staff were very welcoming.must mention becky(reception),maggie(restaurant)dinner service and william(restaurant)breakfast service.pool facilities were very good.could fault.no dressing gowns in room as was specified but hey not a problem.if you do book a package as we did you get a set menu at dinner but i must say the choice was very good and the food was excellent.can i also compliment the general manager for commenting on trip advisor.nice to see!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an exceptional time. Positive comments, such as yours, provide a great source of motivation to our team. I am pleased you found the food on offer to reflect the AA Rosette the Hotel holds. I am genuinely sorry that the provisions of dressing gowns was overlooked and trust this minor lapse will not deter you from returning to the Sheffield Park Hotel in the future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We booked this hotel at short notice. Booked it through laterooms.com at a cost of £59 for the room. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the Hotel to exceed your expectations and found the special offer to be excellent value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Matlock Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2009

From the moment of arrival to the time of leaving the staff gave superb service. Nothing was too much trouble and the restaurant staff were particularly helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean & beautifully decorated, food was well prepared & served. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, first class and value for money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ray J
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, December 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased to hear you received superb service and found our staff to be helpful and friendly and that our Hotel delivered first class four star value for money! Positive comments such as yours provide a great motivation to our staff, particularly in such a busy month like December. We look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheffield Park Hotel in the future.

Wales
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Stayed here with my disabled son who was playing in the DSE Championships in Sheffield. Web referred me to call centre to book and I was offered a disabled hotel suitable for my son and myself. On arrival I was told, firstly, that this hadn't been requested and may not be available and secondly, that the disabled room available only had a double bed so we had to settle for an ordinary twin room. The bathroom was completely inacessible so son had to use emergency pants rather than normal loo. Having expected free wi-fi he was dissapointed that this is only available in reception areas and only free until late afternoon - he cannot speak and Facebook is his only way of "talking" to friends. We needed an early breakfast and Saturday at 7am was fine but we were told by staff that we could not eat til 8 on Sunday morning - they checked with "Chef" who said no way could we eat any earlier so one of the dining room staff agreed to make a pack of danish pastries up for us to collect and take with us at 8 am as we needed to leave the hotel by then at the latest. On arriving at the dining room at 7.50 we were amazed to find a number of guests eating breakfast. We were told that only sportspeople could eat early and on explaining that my son was disabled we were then told we could eat - I had already explained the day before that my son is a disabled sportsman and we needed an early breakfast. No-one knew anything about us collecting a pack of danish pastries but I was allowed to put what I wanted in a napkin. It takes longer for us to eat breakfast than most people as my son needs extensive help with feeding.
I'm puzzled why we never ereceived our booked alarm calls on either morning - fortunatley I was (just) awake and checked the time.
Also, there appears to be a hole in the guttering above room 11 - water poured in a continuous noisy heavy stream all night.
PS My son won the championship in his class!

Stayed November 2009
2 Thank GillygemsWales
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay at our Hotel along with completing one of our guest questionnaires. Our aim is to provide outstanding customer service and it is never our intention for anybody to feel less then satisfied with the services we provide. I was sorry to learn of the problems you experienced which is why I contacted you by phone on 30th November after having received your completed questionnaire.
There are no excuses for the lapses in standards you have experienced and these have all been acknowledged and fully settled as per our telephone discussion. From your last stay at the Hotel in 2008, the Hotel you will have noted that a new TV System has been installed along with WIFI access now being offered free of charge in all our public area's between 8.30am and 5.30pm. The Hotel does not advertise free WIFI in bedrooms and breakfast is available prior to 8.00 by way of room service which is advertised in all our literature. As pointed out to you last year, it is through comments such as yours, we can improve our performance. I trust my prompt reply will go some way in restoring your faith and that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back next year.

In England
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Clearly an ex-Moat House hotel, with the attractive bungalow type layout. Well situated just out of town. Many different prices available on -line including mini-breaks, but could not book that offer on-line. Had to ring up.
Was almost suprised at how pleasant the staff were. We had arranged a meal at a certain time, but phoned to say we were late - the response was "no problem".
A slight down-side was the hotel looking as though it was reaching the refurbishment stage, and was probably waiting for the economic upturn. However all was clean and tidy. The breakfasts were great, though can be hectic on Sunday mornings.
We would certainly stay there again when visiting Sheffield.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. Positive comments, such as yours, are a great source of motivation to the team. Since January 2004 the Hotel has been known as the Sheffield Park Hotel and following a £3.5 million investment most areas have been totally refurbished. The only area which is due to undergo refurbishment is our Restaurant. Whilst an important part it has not hindered the Hotel in achieving an AA Rosette. I have noted your comments regarding booking online and apologise for the problems encountered. Our website does offer the best value for money but has experienced technical difficulties which have been resolved. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.