1,741 results
All reviews separate toilet train station car park swimming pool executive room steam room nespresso machine peace gardens winter garden sofa bed central location mini fridge crucible theatre q park afternoon tea on site parking few minutes walk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned having stayed for one night. My husband booked us in for a night away to celebrate my birthday, and we were expecting much more.
We parked easily and headed into the hotel, and the lobby was a bright, modern space. We had to queue for quite some time to check in, only to find that our room wasn't ready (check in is at 2pm, and we tried to check in at 1.55pm) and they were sure when it would be. We weren't in any great rush and so gratefully accepted the drinks voucher for a complimentary welcome drink in the bar.
Although the bar area wasn't busy, it clearly had been as almost every table was littered with dirty plates and glasses, which took some time for someone to come and clean away, not a great first impression.
When we got into the room it was nice enough, clean, bright and modern. The strange part was the seperate toilet with no basin to wash hands, meaning that you had to use the loo in the room near the door, then walk into the room into the bathroom area in order to wash your hands. Not a huge deal, but it was an odd layout and pretty unhygienic!
Breakfast the next morning was nice, but they seemed to be understaffed. We had to ask for coffee again despite being offered it on arrival and there were a lot of tables laid dirty. It was extremely busy, but there just didn't seem to be the staff available to cope. The food however was lovely.
The shower was great, the bed was perfect for us and we had a great nights sleep and we liked that there was a safe in the room too. It is also ideally located for the city centre.
All in all we had a nice stay, but it certainly wasn't quite what we were hoping for so we did leave feeling slightly disappointed. We wouldn't avoid in the future as it wasn't a terrible stay, but we would probably look elsewhere first, especially if it was to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmab077
Karen C, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Our check in time is from 2.00pm and we do endeavour to have as many rooms as possible ready for this time.
I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary drinks and I am sorry it took a while for crockery to be cleared we had an event in the bar area on that day which had just departed.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed your nights sleep and the breakfast the next morning.
Please rest assured that we will take your comments on board to continually improve our customers experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 1 night, upgraded to Executive for £10.00, not sure if worth it, but had a brilliant clean quite Bedroom, with 2 free waters. Showers were good, complimentry shampoos and body wash, smelt nice, didn't use the Bathrobe.Used the bar for evening meal, Hock Terrine, very tasty. Beefburger main course very tasty.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your upgraded room.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

My room was tired and in disrepair. Furniture with damage has not been replaced. The double bed was two singles pushed together which had a very large gap between the mattresses. The mattress was also very hard. The bathroom sink drain had a bad smell also. There are no stairs to the floors, only two slow and busy lifts. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Karen C, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments.
We do have several staircases to the rooms which are signposted from the lobby.

I apologise if you felt the room was below standard and would be happy to discuss this personally if you would like to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The hotel as parking at the front and under the hotel for £13.50 charge
The reception is on the first floor which is very modern with a great open area and bar
The room was very clean and roomy with a great view over the city
A great comfy bed and a good shower and tv
All in all a great place to stay whilst in Sheffield station a few other hotels and this is probably best value for money
8/10

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wvlmstuart

Thank you very much for your comments we really appreciate them.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay. The hotel is very centrally located ideal for rail travelers and has the benefit of on site parking. I have stayed at the hotel previously and had no hesitation in returning. The staff are efficient and provide good information on the city facilities.
I am a fitness enthusiast and having a gym on site was an advantage.
The room was clean and had all the amenities expected in a modern city hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for business travelers and those looking to enjoy the City's places if interest.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank robac69

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.