“worst hotel i have ever stayed in”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 6, 2009

had to change rooms 3 times 1st t v broke then secound room heating didnt work we rang for more bedding which came and was stained then because the hotel was full they had to send a heater next day we moved again the bath had hairs left in the bath the rooms had cheap foam beds and cheap pillows and dirty carpetsyou can only get one menu in the hole hotel even the room service is the same food the hotel is 3 star and thats only because in is in the city center ive stayed in better premire lodges we would have moved after the first day but it had been paid for in advance

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank holiday4246

Reviewed December 5, 2009

So easy to get to after a long train trip! The Novotel is a short walk from the main station, When you arrive the lobby and bar area are upstairs. They are clean and bright. Service was quick on checkin, slightly less so on checkout. My room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet. It was clean and spacious and had some style to it. I had a drink at the bar, and breakfast in my room was on time. Toast a bit cold, but I like it that way. Ihave no idea why this hotel only gets the 3 and a half overall. It was just what you want for a business meeting in central Sheffield. I would certainly return if I got a good rate as I did!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I travel regularly to Sheffield, and each time I choose this hotel, after having tried a few others before as well. And for good reasons.

The location can't get better than this as the hotel is at one end of the main market. A walk down the market street leads to the other end- the Moor's Head. There is plently of shopping for gifts, clothes, food etc with shops ranging from top brands to private stalls. The hotel is a short walk from the Bus as well as Train stations.

This is a modern, not traditional (old) hotel. The rooms are well maintained and offer a spic and span look. The view towards the station side is outstanding, though traffic noise can be an issue for light sleepers. The other side is for those who prefer pin drop silence.

The staff is friendly. The breakfast is a well laid out buffet, and other meals can be had at reasonable prices.

The hotel website offers an array of convenient packages.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I stayed again in the hotel with clients for 2 nights and had to ask for support at the reception many times - nothing was to much for the receptionists.
During our meetings in the bar we have been looked after and the food is excellent.
Just one note on the down site - the small swimmingpool could be larger.
Keep up the good work - I will return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Thank you.

Regards

Iain

Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed here for one night in august. Had come to see A flock of seagulls perform at the Plug .Everything about this hotel could not be faulted, good position,good staff,nice room and a good breakfast. Would stay here again when we next visit sheffield.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Thanks for the first class review

Regards

Iain

Reviewed October 22, 2009

I travelled to the Accor Novotel Sheffield with a colleague for business. After checking in I went to my room to find that it hadnt even been cleaned. There were empty lucozade bottles, and open tube of pringles and pieces of paper laying about. A dirty towel on the bed, an used bar of soap in the bathroom - and a bed which had obviously been used did not leave me with a warm and fuzy feeling. Shortly after this I took a call from my colleague who advised me that she had just checked her bed, only to find pubic hairs all over the sheets!!! The issues were quickly dealt with and we were told that our drinks for the evening would be paid for - so fair enough I guess. But when you have been staying in other hotels all week (and paying less) it really does beg the question that for a hotel which is not fully booked - why were the rooms so dirty??? The food in the bar was acceptable - but not as good as in the Thistle chain of hotels (where I had stayed for the start of the week). The waiter - Jamie, was very attentive and pleasant - however his colleague 'Richard' seemed aloof and rude (especially when ordering the poor waiter about!!). All in all, not a good start to the stay in the Novotel. I am reviewing the chain for future business including conferences and training venue, and I must admit that the other hotels I have stayed in are leading the way in terms of service and quality. Poor show Novotel - pull your socks up!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Three generations of us stayed at this hotel at the end of September and we all had a really relaxed stay

As we were travelling with the grandparents, it seemed easier to have dinner in the hotel on the Friday evening. The restaurant was much better than I expected and the service was wonderful.

I really enjoyed the use of the pool, it was like a great warm bath, just the way I like it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family