“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed for business during the week. Hotel pleasant enough but not great, good service and food in the restaurant. What let it down was the worn and dated appearance of the room and corridors. Although modern furniture had been installed, the decor was very shabby and fittings worn. Would stay again as very convenient for the city centre and a short walk from the railway station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Sheffield Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the decor of the room. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment programme of our bedrooms to ensure that the decor of the room is of a high quality standard.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Sharon Thandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Noisy revellers outside all night long. Banging doors. Hot memory foam mattress with dementia (saggy and not supportive) and stale smelling room. Car park congested and with pillars everywhere. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations during your recent stay here at the hotel. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 01142 781 781.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were going to a concert and wanted to stay in Sheffield rather than drive. At £55 for one night in a 4 star hotel, I decided to book here.
The reception area of the hotel is really modern and gave a good impression. The room itself was nice - not quite a 4 star - it was very basic but clean. I would say slightly nicer than a Travelodge.
The staff were all very polite and efficient.
It served its purpose and I cannot say anything negative about the hotel - its location is great for exploring the City and I would stay here again if I was looking for somewhere just as a base for the night - if i was staying for a whole weekend would have perhaps chosen somewhere a little more luxurious!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Sheffield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Usually I don't do this but I thought I should leave few words/remarks to credit this lovely hotel. The location is spot on and car park isn't that massive but still good although its a little bit expensive. All in all, I had a great experience during my stay unlike few other hotels I've been to, moreover I do appreciate the warmly welcome made by the young lady that attended to me at the reception, who also was serving me at the bar every time I needed drinks.
Whenever, I'm in Sheffield I would like to stay again in Novotel, a very great hotel with lovely hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Decided to get the train due to uncertainty with cat park. Very convenient location close to train station and city centre.
Hotel was lovely and clean and felt comfortable.
Room itself was excellent. Thumbs up for the shower.
Didn't eat or anything in the hotel or use the pool so can't comment. Overall very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the novotel in Sheffield on the 24/08/13. It was a disaster from the word go. To begin with there wasn't any parking, so we had to put our luggage on the floor outside the hotel while our cars went to a different car park. That cost us an additional cost of £12.50. With a 4mth baby in our party,this wasn't the best way to begin our overnight stay. We went into restaurant for our meal, which took an hour to arrive. It was an omelette and 2 burgers.Got to our rooms and at aound 2.30, all hell broke lose on our landing as some drunken men thought it was funny to remove fire extinguishers and spray each other with the foam. The travel cot for the baby was dirty, and the coffee machine in our room didn't work. We will not be staying at the Novotel again.

Room Tip: We chose an executive room, but it only a fraction better than an ordinary room.