“Stopover for Daughters wedding.”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Stopover for Daughters wedding.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the novotel in Sheffield on the 24/08/13. It was a disaster from the word go. To begin with there wasn't any parking, so we had to put our luggage on the floor outside the hotel while our cars went to a different car park. That cost us an additional cost of £12.50. With a 4mth baby in our party,this wasn't the best way to begin our overnight stay. We went into restaurant for our meal, which took an hour to arrive. It was an omelette and 2 burgers.Got to our rooms and at aound 2.30, all hell broke lose on our landing as some drunken men thought it was funny to remove fire extinguishers and spray each other with the foam. The travel cot for the baby was dirty, and the coffee machine in our room didn't work. We will not be staying at the Novotel again.

Room Tip: We chose an executive room, but it only a fraction better than an ordinary room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandraward1
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 01142 781 781 to discuss this further.

Sharon Thandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean, modern and fresh would sum up this hotel. Very good location in town with parking provided. The mattress was comfortable and I can easily say I had a good night sleep. I had the english breakfast the next day. A continental breakfast was also available. Always a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the first time that I have ever felt the need to leave a review on a site like this, the Novotel Sheffield has left me no option!
The customer service was poor to say the least, it started with the steam room not working, I informed reception and the reply was "that is unlucky as no maintenance are working", not even as much as a sorry!
The second problem that arose was the TV in the room wouldn't work, only to be told that a room move was not possible and "did we really need a TV for the evening!"
I have never stayed in an hotel where I have felt this angry towards the staff.
As I say, I never leave reviews, but please take my advise and book elsewhere, if not for any other reason but to keep the blood pressure down!

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel is the only advise I can offer!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G B
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Please could you contact me on 01142 781 781 to discuss this.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here a week ago - have been here many times and the hotel is well-run, rooms are good and clean and breakfast is quite diverse and they cater for special diets.

Location is really good.

Price - £55 for the night (room only) which for a hotel of this standard is excellent. Breakfast was not a huge rip off either. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

essex
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights I got a really good deal on the hotel's website. We had a standard room and the kids slept on the sofa bed. The hotel is lovely inside. Very modern, European chic in design. A lot of the staff were European too and every friendly. The banister down the stairs to the swimming pool is inset and changes colour (a nice touch). The swimming pool is the only pool in England I have ever just been able to get in without a degree of fear. It was a lovely warm temperature. The hotel is right in the centre of town and our room, 536 had a view over the winter garden which was quite surreal. The rooms are fine and they have pay per view. Outside are lovely large metal balls which are water features with an art gallery area. There is no charge for the gallery or the winter garden which has some tropical plants and some interesting art work displaid. There is also a gym which is small but modern. Another nice touch I have not seen before was the single diner feature so if you are on your own you can sit at a small booth and there is a flat screen TV which pops out for you to watch. Breakfast had a nice selection and there are 2 kids menus for different ages. The 3-6 was big enough for our 8 year old. It was home cooked and a very good quality. Staff were friendly and professional. It was a very relaxed stay and I would definately stay here again. If you like shopping there is a John Lewis just a few minutes away a good selection of nice restaurants.

There were only 2 small negatives.
The car park is £10 a day.
The breakfast is £13.95 per person (think kids were free) if you are on a deal you can afford this but if you are really on a shoe string just walk out the hotel and there are several cafes nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the winter gardens and see if you get a good deal on breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent feedback. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.