“Not what l expected.......”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Spent one night here with my husband and another couple. First impressions the hotel reception was dull with no natural light, the staff seemed ok.

Our room was an executive room with tea coffee machine, bathrobes etc.,. It was again dark and gloomy inside with a small window which over looked roof tops. The carpet had what looked like oil marks all over it the bathroom had dirty silicone all along the shower screen, not what l expected for a 4 star hotel with a cost of £139.00 and breakfast at a cost of £13.95 it was way over priced,the breakfast was nothing special in fact l did not enjoy the experience at all. The breakfast area was opposite reception with all the tables packed in this small area. The food was basic at its best and definitely not worth £13.95. I would not stay here again l am sure there are better hotels in sheffield centre at a better rate.

Room Tip: Only go to this hotel if the price is good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

"hank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, "

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights at the Novotel Sheffield and it was a very pleasant stay: extremely courteous staff, rooms very clean and very nice breakfast in the morning.
Would definitely stay here again.
Thank you very much to all the Novotel team.

Room Tip: Any room is unbeatable
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel after seeing a show at the sheffield arena so it was literally a 'sleep and go' stay I had booked in a double bed exec with sofa bed for me and my dad. At 69GBP it was a steal, It has an underground car park which is reasonably priced at 10GBP a night and is very secure. Upon arrival you see nice clean tiled floors and the lobby is well lit with mood lighting and has plenty of seating, when checking in, the receptionist was very friendly and chatty, and really got the stay off to a Good start. We go up to the room and it was perfect, Clean, nice temperature and everything you wanted, A slight downside would be that my room was supposed to have free wi-fi but i couldnt get it working, but it didnt matter to me because sheffield has good 3G on mobiles for tethering. In the morning checkout was simple and the nice man who served me at night even waived the carpark fee as a gesture of good will! Definitley stay if you're coming to sheffield, i would stay again!

Room Tip: Book in advance, Upgrade to the exec. and ask to be on a lower floor, the lifts are slow.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent location easy access to everything, very pleasant staff let us park and use the pool until checkin also left car whiolst attending event after we checked out., first rate. Room was a good size clean and a comfortable bed Great value would use again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank DM234

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Excellent Hotel, fantastic location, walking distance to all the theatres, winter gardens & museums, and the super tram. Sheffield centre has a lot to offer, was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel breakfast was perfect. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, and will never stay again, I've had better service from a travel inn!
Staff were rude and had a bad attitude told us that there was parking available when we went to park no space so staff didn't even know the state of the car park! We was then then told to go to a q car park but given the wrong directions!! And ended up on wrong place helpful.

When we checked in the staff member didn't even say sorry or seem concerned about our concerns! Good customer service? Same when we checked out didn't get asked if everything was alright, then we was asked if we parked in the q park? And got discount voucher thrown at us not told how to use it!!! Will never stay here or recommend price if breakfast was terrible went to weatherspoons round the corner.

Room was ok but nothing special bed was hard this is not 4 star as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pete1975

Kind regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have never written a review before but I feel like I have to in this case. I stayed for one night cause the price was ok but I thought I upgrade to the suite and treat my girlfriend. I did this over the phone and paid over the phone. I also asked for a fruit basket to be in the room what I paid £6 for I no it's a rip off but wanted it to be ace for her.we got to the hotel and told where are room was and went to it. As I wanted the fruit basket to be there it was not. I was very disappointed with this as I asked for it to be in the room. About a hr later a man came up and brought it not really what I wanted but I can live with it. The room was not that clean there was bits of rubbish on the floor and the bath had not been washed down properly. There was a hole in one of the curtains what is never nice to see at all. I do have to say the good parts cause I am very fair it was a lovely set out with a nice view and the bed was fantastic.

Also what I was not happy about on the way to check out to pay for my mini bar and parking what was both a rip off the woman behind the counter was VERY VERY RUDE I work in retail and no what to expect. I got told over the phone I paid for the upgrade and I told her this but she wanted to charge me the £46 more it was. I was 100% sure I paid for it on the phone and she said we do not take payments over the phone and said to me you can't do that calling me a lier. I was not happy at all so she took my details and said I get back to you. Still no phone call to say sorry are let me no what happened even tho I have proof on my online banking it's been paid for. I was very annoyed with how this went down. I hope the manager does look at this and give me a phone call are a message I only want the best for every one.

Breakfast was spot on alot of hot and cold foods

• Stayed: April 2013

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 01142 781 781.