“Not bad but wouldnt stay again”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not bad but wouldnt stay again”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a one night stay here to go shoping paid 86 pound for b and b.
Staff in reception nice and friendly although we were put into an addapted room with a wet room special toilet and emergancy pull cords..now if i had a disability this wouldbe fine but im not so we got a swift room change. The rooms are sold as superior but they are very basic, you get better at a premier inn to be honest.
The bathroom is tiny my wife is 5 foot 2 and the bath was to small for her! So showers only for you tall people
Location is spot on but if we come again this wouldnt be a hotel we would use again. Last time we used St Pauls which is next door and 10 times better.
Gets a 5 out of 10 from us but thats our opinion you may like it.

• Stayed April 2013
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Sheffield. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bathroom, which we are addressing.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay in budget 3* hotels on a regular basis, but got this for a good price. The hotel was lovely, rooms clean and comfortable. However it didnt stand out above the hotels im used to other than it having a mini bar and safe in the room. I had a great stay, and the location in the heart of the city was fantastic. If you can get this at a reasonable price its definately worth it.
Only thing, i would have liked to eat in the hotel, but the food was so expensive for basic meals. Breakfast was a ridiculous cost to add on to my booking so we had nice walk to a nearby pub.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Sheffield. I have noted your comments regarding the prices of the Food & Beverage and will feedback your comments to the team.
Kind regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fantastic location. Great rooms. Really good value for money. Staff were a bit dull. All in all I'd recommend it. It is a shame that there is no free parking available. That would have made my stay even better value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for your kind review. I was surprised to read your comments regarding my team. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact me on 01142 781 781
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for work and was pleased to see it was a short walk from the train station. The staff were all polite and accommodating - felt if you needed help with anything they'd be happy to assist. The room and hotel seemed spotless and the bed and sofa were very comfortable.

I couldn't work out how to turn the lights on for a while but maybe that's just my hotel inexperience. There was a thing to plug your mp3 player into the TV so you could play music through the speakers but I couldn't get that to work. Not sure if it was because I had an iphone.

Liked the fact that the TV speakers also played into the shower room even though I didn't really use this! Next time I would ask for a better view as all I could see was rooftops. The worst thing was the heat at night - I thought I'd turned the air conditioning as cold as it would go but I woke up sweating. Not nice! (And not great when you are tired and in need of sleep!)

I like the fact that the hotel chain appears to be attempting to help the environment with eco symbols to show their shampoo and shower gel was 'green' and signs to encourage re-using towels.

I also made use of the swimming pool and steam room which were an added bonus. You have to get a key from reception to use the pool which is relatively small so if you want a proper swim don't use when it's busy but I appreciated it being available. It was quiet when I used it so almost like having your own private pool.

The location is excellent for the city centre and I'd recommend having a wander round. It's very close to Sheffield Hallam University and the main theatres/entertainment venues. It was a shame I didn't have more time to visit the galleries and museums. The Winter Garden is right next door - must admit I was expecting something Kew Gardens sized and this is a pocket-sized version! Very nice though and clearly a popular place to go. It was a shame there were so many slightly intimidating modern blocks as the old buildings made for a nice city.

Would happily recommend and will use again should I need to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were more than happy with our stay at the Novotel - the room was comfortable, well furnished, and the facilities were excellent. There were even little touches for families, such as the family fun box in the foyer, where the children found lots to keep them entertained. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, and will return in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Wirral
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, stayed for 2 nights but, both nights we were rudely woken by drunken residents during the night by the same people for the 2 nights. Phoned reception on first occasion and night porter came up to resolve issue but on second night I opened my door to politely ask them to keep the noise down only for them to reply using the most fowl and abusive language I have ever heard and even more suprising was that it was 2 females in their early 20's !!!!! I contacted reception again and porter came up and spoke to noisy couple and after 5 peaceful minutes they decided to stand outside my door and started shouting and swearing at me for contacting reception. Why they weren't evicted from the hotel is anyones guess but it will take something special to get me to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on [01142 781 781 to discuss this further. Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If I knew this is how it's going to be I would certainly gone somewhere else, because nothing that would make this hotel a 4 stars, at best would rate it a 2 stars.
First room was given, I found the carpet filthy like some repaired his car in that room as there where some sort of marks which looks like an oil or something.
Very odd thing I found in this hotel which I can't comprehend and didn't see such a thing in a hotel at this level, the toilet was separate to the bathroom??
I was upgraded to a executive room which is nothing different apart from a coffee machine and a iPod dock which no one would be interested in such a thing in a hotel.
If anyone would like to stay in a hotel and doesn't mind a bit of distance, go to Capthorne as it's well worth the money compare to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 01142 781 781 to discuss this further. Kind regards,