“Great location, beds not so good!”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Clean, modern hotel situated right in the city. Very pleasant, friendly staff. I had booked a double double which to me means two double BEDS. Unfortunately, you actually get one bed and a very uncomfortable sofabed. Even the main bed is a little unnerving because every time you sit on it, it feels like it's going to fold up with you inside it. The stuff of nightmares.....swallowed by a bed.....
But all in all, it was a pleasant enough overnight stay although I wouldn't chose to stay here for more than one night.

Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, however I was disappointed to read your comments on the beds. We are looking into this and I have shared your comments with the team.
I do hope we can welcome you back tothe hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Sheffield Centre

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We visited the hotel last August and due to the positive experience decided to return. The hotel is very cheap (even when booked a week or so in advance), the pool is lovely and warm and reception ask if you would like the steam room switched on, which after 10 minutes was lovely and warm.

The hotel is extremely child friendly and you really could not fault the customer service, we will definitely return again. The bar prices are very pricey though - (but there's a Sainsbury Local next door!)

Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

it is always good to receive such great feedback and your comments have also been passed to the rest of the team.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friend and I paid a measly £40 for this hotel though hotels dot com. We were delighted when we got there to notice they were charging around £130 a night. I can't really think of anything wrong with this hotel. The most important thing about any hotel for me, is that the beds are comfy - these were as comfy as you can get. Not too hard, not to soft.
The shower was great, the rooms were clean, the location was great, the staff were very friendly. It had a great bar and restaurant, a really nice outside area - it just had everything.
Didn't appreciate paying £10 for parking but really that's me being a bit stingy since we only paid £40 for the night!
What was really cool was the welcoming message (with my name on it) on the TV when we walked into the room. A very nice touch.
I would stay here again definitely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. My team, and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you suffer from arthiritus or joint pain the beds are far to hard for a good night's sleep. In all other aspects the hotel is very good.

Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had a lovely nights stay. room was lovely staff were wonderful and location great for everything. Would def stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments and I have also noted your feedback regarding the beds. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything was great with this hotel except the bed. We had a queen bed but really was just 2 singles together was comfy but if me or my partner moved the bed would too and we would end up rolling into the gap

• Stayed: June 2012
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2012