1,714 results
All reviewsseparate toilettrain stationcar parkswimming poolexecutive roomnespresso machinesteam roompeace gardenswinter gardensofa bedmini fridgecentral locationcrucible theatreq parkafternoon teafew minutes walkbar area
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was booked into this hotel by an organisation I was providing training for. The event was held in a conference room at the same hotel.

The location was excellent, just a 5 minute walk (uphill!) from the train station to the hotel. I found the room to be quite spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. Although it was a Friday night and the hotel was full, it was very quiet up in the bedroom areas. The queen sized bed was wonderfully firm and the pillows "just right".

There were separate rooms for the toilet and one for the shower and sink. If you are not travelling alone, this would be very useful. Also, there was an interior door that separated the entrance hallway from the bed area, adding an additional barrier to any sound coming from the hall- great idea!

The staff were friendly and helpful both in regards to my room, but also Peter, the conference coordinator was exceptionally helpful and professional on the day of the training.

All in all, a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank oohmercyme
Sharon T, Front Office Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Realy good value for money hotel in central Sheffield.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Novotel-Sheffield, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Novotel. i was pleased that overall you enjoyed your time here and myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here recently for two nights. I have stayed here before and have always found the facilities to be excellent. Yes, it is a little pricey but you get what you pay for. The staff are always really pleasant, the rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet with everything you could need in them. I always seem to sleep very well at the hotel. The parking facilities are very convenient, just drive in and park under the hotel and pay when you leave, no hassle at all. The menu is good and the food excellent. There is a well equipped, modern gym and lovely pool with steam room and changing facilities.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at the hotel. I have today shared yuor comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business and have been very pleased. Rooms are ideal for business travellers. About 15 minutes’ walk from the train station the centre of town. I would also stay in the hotel if I was travelling for leisure although it does seem to be targeted to business people.

Staff very helpful and efficient. Check in and out good. Bar good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for yuor positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Novotel. I have today shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I am a frequent business traveller and spend 3 or 4 nights a week in hotels. I've stayed in plenty of Novotels before, but this is undoubtedly the worst. From the outside, it looks flash enough - until you get into the car park that is....under the hotel - really tight spaces, no CCTV, dark corners - not the best.

Upstairs in the hotel, things were looking up. The front desk staff were simply brilliant throughout my stay - thoughtful and professional, and the lobby/bar/restaurant area looks smart enough but they were sadly the only highlights of the stay. Upstairs, my room was more like what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express - bizarre indoor pebbledashed walls, tiny bath, very cheap toiletries - but all this seemed like luxury next to the worst hotel bed in the western world - a chipboard frame, 3 inch mattress and the oldest and floppiest pillows I've seen in a long time.

I only ate breakfast there one morning - bland scrambled eggs, very cheap sausages and dreadful coffee. No thanks.

Trying to get out of the car park on my way to work was a trial - the only exit was blocked by the catering delivery truck - at 8am (so peak time for guests leaving). He refused to move, said he would be 10 minutes longer, so I had to reverse around the one way system and leave my car to go back up into the hotel to ask them to raise the entry barrier so I could escape.

Considering the price quoted in the lobby was about £130, this is way under the standard I would expect for this kind of price. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Novotel-Sheffield, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments rergarding your recent stay at Novotel Sheffield. I have today met with the management Team and can assure you that all your feedback has been addressed. Should you wish to discuss yuor stay with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.