1,720 results
All reviews separate toilet train station car park swimming pool executive room nespresso machine steam room peace gardens winter garden sofa bed mini fridge central location crucible theatre q park afternoon tea few minutes walk bar area
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business and have been very pleased. Rooms are ideal for business travellers. About 15 minutes’ walk from the train station the centre of town. I would also stay in the hotel if I was travelling for leisure although it does seem to be targeted to business people.

Staff very helpful and efficient. Check in and out good. Bar good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Novotel-Sheffield, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thank you for yuor positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Novotel. I have today shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I am a frequent business traveller and spend 3 or 4 nights a week in hotels. I've stayed in plenty of Novotels before, but this is undoubtedly the worst. From the outside, it looks flash enough - until you get into the car park that is....under the hotel - really tight spaces, no CCTV, dark corners - not the best.

Upstairs in the hotel, things were looking up. The front desk staff were simply brilliant throughout my stay - thoughtful and professional, and the lobby/bar/restaurant area looks smart enough but they were sadly the only highlights of the stay. Upstairs, my room was more like what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express - bizarre indoor pebbledashed walls, tiny bath, very cheap toiletries - but all this seemed like luxury next to the worst hotel bed in the western world - a chipboard frame, 3 inch mattress and the oldest and floppiest pillows I've seen in a long time.

I only ate breakfast there one morning - bland scrambled eggs, very cheap sausages and dreadful coffee. No thanks.

Trying to get out of the car park on my way to work was a trial - the only exit was blocked by the catering delivery truck - at 8am (so peak time for guests leaving). He refused to move, said he would be 10 minutes longer, so I had to reverse around the one way system and leave my car to go back up into the hotel to ask them to raise the entry barrier so I could escape.

Considering the price quoted in the lobby was about £130, this is way under the standard I would expect for this kind of price. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Novotel-Sheffield, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments rergarding your recent stay at Novotel Sheffield. I have today met with the management Team and can assure you that all your feedback has been addressed. Should you wish to discuss yuor stay with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I usually stay at the Mercure St Pauls when in Sheffield on business, a very comfortable hotel. I wasn't able to get in this time so was booked into the Novotel just around the corner - and was pleasantly surprised. Due to a late arrival I didn't get much chance to check out the hotel's facilities but the check-in was welcoming, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the breakfast was good and check out was efficient. A good alternative if the Mercure is booked up again next time!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel. I do hope to welcome you back in the near furture.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night and the hotel is perfect. A little pricey but we were fortunate enough to get a late deal. Would definate recommend for business or social.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Novotel-Sheffield, Front Office Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay here at the Novotel. it is always great to learn that our guests have had a very positive experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
kind regards
Ioannis

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed one night on family trip, in a triple room, at a very reasonable price. Hotel is clean well presented with pleasant /friendly staff.
Had a meal in the restaurant that evening and was very satisfied, the food was excellant and very well priced, and the restaurant staff were excellant.
Would certainly stay again.
One smaal grip. We did not have breakfast as we felt it was too expensive.

Room Tip: If you like to leave the window open at night, there is some trafic noise 'it is in the city centre'
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank neddyk
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Good review - Thank you