“Fantastic value for really good cooking”
Review of Grayson's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grayson's
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We ate at Grayson's last week and were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. It provides excellent value for money. Three courses for £20 is a really good deal. The food is freshly cooked and imaginative; the Derbyshire lamb for the main course (all four of us opted for this) was exceptional. Wine and service pretty good too. It's a bit off the beaten track but well worth searching out.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I had read about this bistro in the southern Sheffield suburbs. It received a five star review in "The Star" and that's why I picked it for my birthday meal out. The food was of a reasonable standard but there wasn't enough of it - in a three course meal - to satisfy a healthy adult appetite. There were no tablecloths which isn't a big issue but I object to being provided with the cheapest paper napkins you can buy. In a decent restaurant I expect linen napkins.

Although pretty and personable, our waitress was a dead loss and badly needs some proper guidance. She didn't tell us what the day's "special" was, nor did she inform us that our preferred dessert was already "off" the menu even though it was still early evening and when providing our main course cutlery she just dumped it on our table with the cheap serviettes. My wife had lamb, neatly arranged in a little tower with its accompaniments but the waitress caused the tower to collapse before it reached our table and failed to apologise about this.

I had been hoping for a delightful birthday meal with my son and my wife but came away feeling underwhelmed and, bizarrely, rather hungry.

The dessert we had to opt for in place of the special rice pudding we would have picked was a slab of rich chocolatey truffle goo - far too much of it but the spoonful of amaretto cream that accompanied it was lovely

1  Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK