“perfect place to family holiday”

Holiday Inn Sheffield
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
London, England, United Kingdom
“perfect place to family holiday”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location, excellent customer service, helpful and friendly staff.
Awesome foods. If you are travelling the Holiday Inn is a good place to stay.
I will stay here ones again when I come to Sheffield.

Room Tip: The rooms are very quiet and peaceful beautiful location.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Sampath S

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your family trip and you found our hotel perfect for your family.

I was pleased to read that you will return on your next visit Sheffield and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hermann Beck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Royal Victoria in Sheffield was an amazing venue. The staff were very helpful, kind and organised. Great location for city centre. Great Food, Great Hotel Events Team.

Package designed to our requirements, room decorated beautifully, Photographer and an amazing DJ!!!. Will come back next year for our reunion.

Thank you Holly!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna W
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Anna W

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our venue amazing. As a hotel we can hold dinners,evening balls and weddings for up to 300 people in our Ballroom. We pride ourselves in the quality and effort we put into our events held at the hotel.

I will pass on your comments to Holly out special events co coordinator.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for your reunion.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Needed a few days break to rest and recuperate and this hotel exceeded our requirements. The hotel is situated in the centre of Sheffield, although far from the maddening crowd. Travelling by car from Lincolnshire, we had no difficulty in finding the Royal Victoria. Going up the drive towards the hotel entrance you quickly leave the hustle and bustle of city life behind and enter the opulence of the Victorian age. There was ample parking to the front and side of the hotel and within a short walking distance of the front entrance. The architecture of the building, both in and out, was truly stunning. We were made very welcome, on arrival, by very professional and courteous staff and quickly relaxed into the very comfortable historic surroundings. Be sure to book afternoon tea in the lounge area, extremely good value and if it is not in use make time to view the banqueting room. The breakfast certainly sets you up for the day and offers a superb choice of food, not to be missed. I thoroughly recommend the set three course evening meal, which offers a variety of food on each course to suit all palates and again is of excellent value. For the keen shopper the city centre is within 10 minutes walking distance from where you can also catch a tram to Meadow Hall. The highlight of our stay was a trip to Chatsworth House, which is 30 minutes driving time from the hotel. The day out was excellent value for money and catered for all age groups. We enjoyed the grounds, which were vast and had many beautiful walks with continually changing landscapes. Don't miss it. We came for rest and recuperation and because of the beautiful and comfortable surroundings of the hotel and professional and friendly staff, we left fully refreshed. Thank you all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John V
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear John V

Thank for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria.

As a hotel we are situated just out of the city centre which benefits us in very little noise but we are still only a short walk into the centre of Sheffield.

I was delighted to read that your enjoyed your breakfast and it set you up for your day trip to Chatsworth house.

I was pleased to read your comments about how you found the hotel stunning, as a Grade II listed property the hotel has many period features throughout the hotel. We strive to ensure we keep the heritage of the property but still offer all modern conveniences such as flat screen televisions in all of our bedrooms.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Sheffield.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a Great Little Breaks Chatsworth deal. We were offered a choice of rooms, we chose the larger room but were warned it may be noisy as there was a party that night - we didn't hear it. The room was spacious with two double beds which is a treat in a twin room, the beds were really comfy with good bedding and a choice of pillows. The only gripe about the room was not being able to open the window more than an inch, we were on the third floor but a few more inches would have been nice as it was a hot day. The food was ok. Staff were excellent with the receptionist giving us good advice about places to visit in the area, Hardwick Hall is well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Camdor

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel with our Chatsworth package.

It is always extra special to read when guests comment on how excellent the staff have been during their visit and I shall be passing these comment onto the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Sheffield.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this hotel on the morning of our stay and so there was limited availability for hotels in the area. We therefore decided to take a chance having read mixed reviews of the hotel.
Upon arrival we were taken aback at what a stunning old building it was. Check in was seamless and the reception staff were really friendly and helpful. Our family room was located in what looked like a more modern annexe adjoining the original building - there were two immensely comfortable double beds, plenty of room and a gorgeous bathroom. The room was spotless.
Breakfast was great with a good choice of quality food that we all enjoyed. We would definitely visit again!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Vicki W

Thank you for review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria.

I was pleased to read how you had a lovely stay with us. I was delighted to read how you found our reception staff both helpful and friendly and I shall be passing these comments onto the team.

I appreciated to read that you found the building stunning, as a Grade II listed building we strive to keep its heritage and period features.

Thank you once again for your review.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just the one night. Lovely old fashioned hotel, decor a little tired in places but the staff and location make up for it! Having stayed at many hotels in Sheffield over the past 10 years this one offers a little bit more luxury and is in a quiet location. Breakfast choice was vast, only thing to complain about was that they forgot to deliver my paper in the morning but the reception staff would have gone out to get me one! Very good value and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jess H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found your stay with us both comfortable and pleasant. I would like to apologise that you didn't receive your morning paper and I will look into this with the reception team.

I have noted your comments on the décor and we are currently in the process of renovation in the public areas with new bar furniture and carpets.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria on your next visit to Sheffield.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here on a great little breaks deal which was very good value for money! The hotel itself if nice, and we were upgraded to an executive room which was lovely, however without air conditioning the room was quite stuffy. As daft as this sounds I was a bit freaked by the number of spiders on all the windows which is why the bedroom window wasn't opened! Even at dinner we had a table by a window but then ended up moving as the spiders both inside and outside the window were numerous and large! I'm glad we moved too as halfway through the meal there were two spiders on the table we had been sat on! I'll admit I am already a little arachnophobic but this all kind of tipped me over the edge, lol! The food was quite good. So while I liked the hotel I am not sure that the positive parts and nice service and staff would get me to stay there again over the spiders ;)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Sunny_Tigs

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Overall, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria on one of our packages.

I have noted your comments about the air conditioning and unfortunately due to the hotel being Grade II listed we are restricted on any changes we can make to the hotel. However, we are looking into alternative options.

I have taken on board your comments in regards to the spiders and our hotel maintenance manager is looking into a resolution.

I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us again in the near future.