“Amazing Venue & Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Sheffield
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Venue & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I use the facilities here quite a lot and have always found the amenities and food absolutely first rate. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether this is a short or long stay.The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding reception there. The reception staff were pleasant and the room was very nice, large with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed and pilows (choice of pillows was a nice touch). On the down side the bar and function rooms were cold and the breakfast was quite honestly the worst breakfast I have ever seen. Tinned tomatoes, greasy bacon, rock hard sausages and brown coloured beans. If we had been paying seperately for this is would have cost £16.00 each. There is really no excuse for any hotel to serve such a terrible breakfast, we will not go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank helen6286
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear helen6286,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and your room accommodations. I am sorry for the issues you had with our functions rooms and the bar. I am also sorry for the breakfast we offer that fell below your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by our managements and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I regularly visit the Holiday Inn in Sheffield for business breakfast events. For business it has spacious rooms with good acoustics because of the thick carpets and heavy curtains. I always find the staff friendly and enjoy the food there.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I hold a gold card for holiday inn and always seek them out whenever i need a hotel. This is, I am afraid, the poorest Holiday Inn I've stayed in to date. The exterior and reception are very nice, the room was fine, if a bit dated. Before I set out my concerns, I would highlight the excellent receptionist who checked me in. I never caught her name but she was very very pleasant, friendly and welcoming.

On the negative side, I objected to paying £5 for overnight parking, I felt this was a total rip off. Secondly, the Internet was for 24 hours and cost £7.50. It was deathly slow. Stupidly, on my part, I didn't realise that although it was for 24 hours, the download was limited. I tried to watch a programme on iplayer (which continuously buffered) but never got to the end before I'd used up all my allowance for the 24 hours. A total rip off again.

Also, I understand hygiene issues etc but nothing spoils a nights sleep for me more than those plastic/rubber under sheets. I do not require them and they look and feel cheap in hotels. Cleaners should be cleaning mattresses regularly, not putting guests through uncomfortable, hot and sweaty sleeps!! It's cheap and nasty!

The bat food was ok. I ate in my room as the bar was desterted and lacked any atmosphere whatsoever.

This is a beautiful building. But many things need to be rectified. I cannot reccimend this I am afraid

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Liam12march
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Liam12march,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you found one of our front desk staff commendable. Please accept my apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a Priority Club Gold Elite member, we appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have used this hotel for business meetings and have used rooms to provide training events. This is a fantastic, listed, building, full of charm and is a great representation of the great railway hotels of a bygone era. The staff are very welcoming and the service excellent. Not a typical Holiday Inn but a central location offering 'old world' charm and sophistication with outstanding service. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I attended this Holiday Inn for a breakfast networking session on October 25th . The hotel seemed to have plenty of car park spaces and is a short walk from the city. There breakfast buffet had a great selection. The hotel itself looked spotless and has a lovely interior design. I think it's an ideal place for a business meeting, networking session and or party in Sheffield.

Newbury
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for one night as we were off to see Jesus Christ Superstar. Lovely hotel.. The exutive room was more than we expected, except for the leaky shower, so much so that we have booked
there for a weekend in December, just so we can chill out and take a better look round
Sheffield. Would definatley recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends