“Ironically! the biggest joke of the evening was actually the event itself!”

The Last Laugh Comedy Club
Sheffield, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ironically! the biggest joke of the evening was actually the event itself!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently visited the Last Laugh Comedy Club for our work's Christmas outing. Undeniably I had the loudest (most bizarre) laugh in the entire venue. As a result of my unique laugh through the intro stage the compare singeled me out which provided my collegues with lots of giggles....I answered questions such as 'whats your name?' 'What do you do?' etc and may have had some clever come back for whatever the comedienne asked me. THEN, the bouncer who was working the floor that evening approached me in the most intimidating manner I have ever experienced and said if I continued to 'heckle' then I;d be asked to leave. Initially I thought this to be a joke but then as he repeated his words harshly it became apparent that he was deadly serious. If im honest, getting a telling off at my age was rather degrading and a few of us left immediately afterwards utterly appalled at the fact we had done nothing wrong and were treated in such a way.

On the same evening, our managers (each professional and classy women in their own right) were also asked to leave for laughing to loud. Since that night we have heard lots of stories from other friends who experienced similar things.....get this sorted or face annoying EVERYONE that walks through the doors and therefore losing business.

It was a real shame that the biggest joke of the evening was actually the event itself! I will never be returning again.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank JanetteAndAndrew

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Superb Evening”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great night out, Value for money, Fantastic comedians, what more could you ask for. . . Given our own table which we got escorted too, just yards from both the bar and stage, waitress service for the food which was good quality and value. The compere was very funny and quick witted and loads of interaction with the audience but never in a nasty way. Interval between each acts allowing time for toilet breaks or a trip to either of the 2 bars was a great idea. . . First 2 acts both very good and equally funny with interaction and up to date material, the headline of the night was Justin Moorhouse who was as expected brilliant, very up to date act delivered with quick wit and in a great way would recommend seeing him to anyone. . My cheeks still ache now (on my face !!!). After the comedy a disco of " cheesy " music that got everyone dancing, not me I can't !!!. . . .all this for £16 a ticket !!!!!. . Bargain and highly recommended to anyone, will be back for more, I've waited for years before finally going here and I'm glad I did, only wish I'd been more, will make up for lost time. Just sad Toby wasn't there would love to see him, even broadcasters and comedians need hols !!!!

1 Thank WayneRutledge
Worksop, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great night out”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Love going here. Great if your just a couple or with a group of friends. Beware though - if you go often then host Toby Foster repeats himself alot. There's some really good acts (usually 3 a night) one of them is usually a bit crap but the other two usually make up for it. There's alot of audience interaction, if you sit near the stage you will get picked on (gets a bit boring hearing about other people and where they come from after a few times though if your not in their group). There's food available but nothing on the menu we fancied. The big pitchers of lager are great :)

Visited December 2011
3 Thank SoundsDisco
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good value great night”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We have been here a few times now and find it a great night out for the money.

3 Thank Chezzle8206
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Had a wonderful time at The Last Laugh on Saturday. Couldn't believe our luck when the compere was the brilliant Toby Foster. Amazingly funny, as was all the other acts. A bargain at £16, we will be back.

Visited November 2011