“Best curry in sheffield!”
Review of Kashmiri Aroma

Kashmiri Aroma
Ranked #118 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Kashmiri Aroma welcomes you to an ultimate experience of fine dining and hospitality. Awaiting our most discerning of guests is an array of authentic exquisite cuisine, reflecting the cultural diversities of our homelandOur menu is extensive, offering vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine that is Halal. Whether you choose to dine a la carte, or sample our tantalizing buffet selections, you shall be truly satisfied. The restaurant is fully licensed and has air conditioning, offering you a complete range of facilities.Our menu includes: a kebab selection; a seafood selection; a grill & sizzler selection; regional specialities and a limited selection of English dishes
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have been coming here since the day it opened and have never had a bad experience. The service is impeccable and Nomi is such a great host. He would take a bullet for you. The stand outs for me are the Lahore chargha and lamb niari. I have been to a lot of good Indian restaurants including lasan in Birmingham and this is still up there with the best. Just don't order the food extra hot. I made this mistake once and regretted it - ask my girlfriend ;)

1  Thank Oliver B

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Kashmiri Aroma is situated just off the main Chesterfield road in Woodseats, and it has a large car park that leads straight into the main entrance.
The restaurant itself is a bit of a Tardis - as you enter the roomy (and very 'plushly' furnished) lounge area where there is ample 'waiting for a table' seating, we were met by the maitre 'd' who was service personified.
We could have taken a seat in the stylish bar area, but as a table was available straight away, we chose to eat.
The restaurant area is large with lots of room between tables, Nomi showed us to ours, and within a minute of sitting down we were given some poppadums and pickle to help us work through the menu - and this is where the Kashmiri Aroma scores very highly.
Few Indian restaurants in Sheffield serve fish, and then normally only one or two set meals, but the Aroma's menu has a whole section given over to curried fish dishes.
Although one or two of the 'old faithfuls' are represented as main courses, the majority of dishes offered are 'in house' Kashmiri Aroma specials created by their chefs that I haven't seen anywhere else...Spicey Potato Nan anyone?
Really different and really nice.
I was so spoilt for choice I asked Nomi if the Chef could make me a chicken dish that came really close to what they would cook for themselves, and he suggested I left it to the chef who would make me an off the bone Chicken Handi (staff chicken).
The meal was absolutely superb.
Not over chillied, but with really subtle spices that made it a standout night for me.
The service is subtle and understated - staff quietly appear at just the right time and go about their business for you with the minimum of fuss and distraction.
All in all a really nice night out, in an immaculate restaurant that provides great food and service of a high order.
I wish I could say that for this standard of food and service, expect to pay that little bit extra, but I can't...the biggest surprise at the end of the evening was the bill, it was so inexpensive we had to do a double check just in case they had missed some items off!
Wherever you live in Sheffield, Kashmiri Aroma really is worth a visit... the food, the ambience and the staff make this a great evening out.

I hope this helped!

2  Thank Jeffandlin
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Nomi the maitre d' makes you welcome as soon as you walk through the door and makes sure that the service and food is up to his high standards

3  Thank Alan T
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Lamb and chicken balti was outstanding, been here a few times before and enjoyed it too. The service is impeccable and you don't have to wait around for a thing. Top class, well run restaurant!

4  Thank DonJoeyM
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We decided on a previous visit to book our Christmas lunch here instead of the traditional Christmas meal. It was fabulous, lots of choice, fabulous food, great staff. We sat for three hours, eating, drinking, pulling crackers. The chefs all came out and visited each table which was a brilliant gesture, they got a round of applause from several of the tables and it was well deserved. I've eaten her lots of times and it's always outstanding and I think my Christmas lunch here has just become my new tradition

4  Thank Marie S