“not impressed”

HONG KONG WOK
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hong Kong Wok is a new delicious, affordable yet contemporary restaurant serving high quality Chinese cuisine.HK WOK brings the best from the Hong Kong cosmopolitan city island to the tables of Sheffield. The new Chinese restaurant opening on London Road is in the centre of Sheffield’s hub of foreign cuisine. This friendly restaurant will be light on the wallets and heavy on quality. HK WOK differentiates from other competitors by focusing on serving top quality food made by the top chef’s of Hong Kong and providing only the best service to make you feel at home.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Feels like a cafe more than a restaurant, It was reasonably priced and quick service, but our meals were not too great. The boiled rice was dry and the chicken we had wasn't great, full of bones, impossible to eat. We won't be going again.

2  Thank muttley11

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant transcends class, race and age barriers. My OH and I visited today to find wonderful mix of people with a common purpose. They all came to enjoy good food at a reasonable price. Some wore suits, others wore jeans, some talked rather pawsh, others talked differently. Some were of a pensionable age, others were studentish. Yet, it all seemed to come together.
The food was probably some of the best Chinese food that I have had, the staff were very much on the ball. In all it is a lovely place for the non pretentious to spend some quality time enjoying good food.

6  Thank Philanthropic54
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had seen this place before but never visited but based on this visit we would go again! The food was very good and excellent value based on the reviews we (my partrner and I) made a trip over for late lunch. It wasnt too busy and therefore approx 2pm in my view was a good time. It was a lovely cultural meal. I had hot and sour soup and shared noodles and mixed meat/fish stiry fry with my partner. We enjoyed the complimentary ice cream..

1  Thank oprah11
Reviewed April 3, 2013

really good food and reasonably priced the only problem you are a bit rushed the place was busy and they wanted us in and out so that they could get the table free service was good and staff friendly

Reviewed April 1, 2013

had the starters mixed plate for 2, was lovely, so many prawns on the prawn toast, we shared the 3 roast crispy noodles which was huge, had bones in some of the meat, not a problem but a warning would be good, also had the crispy beef in chilli sauce, which was amazing! it was 25.50 without tip, which for the amount we had and quality, (we took enough for another 2 meals home!) is great! also, the green tea was free :)

1  Thank freya t