“Beautiful Steak - definitely recommended”
Review of Coal Grill and Bar

Coal Grill and Bar
Ranked #665 of 1,548 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visit was for birthday/reunion. Wanted something special. We had some "small plates" to start - and they really were very small. Steak was delicious, but found both the pepper and blue cheese sauce watery.
Overall - steak gorgeous and value for money
house white wine - very nice
starters - not really good value for money.
Would I return - yes, but would not have the starter

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went on an Thursday afternoon, it wasn't busy. We sat at the table and was given menus, 15 mins later a waitress came over and asked for our order, 30 mins after we gave our order the meals turned up. The portions was very small, room temp and very over priced. We asked for the bill and that took 15 min, then when I wanted to pay by card she went off to get the card machine that took another 10 mins. We won't be going back and definetly not recommending to anyone.

1  Thank Allen86
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I regularly come to Coal, very friendly staff, great food & best thing about it is the presentation!

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The service is very slow here. I'm sat typing this whilst still waiting to pay the bill (10mins) even thought at current there is only 7tables being served. The food was poor. Not presented well and over cooked. My corn on the cob (see picture) looked as though somebody had already been chewing it before it was served. On the plus side the garlic bread was nice. Do not eat the "coal-slaw" it's like dragon spawn. After eating at a lot of establishments price is no barrier but for what you get here it's not good value for money.

You get a loyalty card at the end of your meal..... Don't think ill be using it!
And the waitress asked if we would like to leave a tip as we payed with card...... Rather rude in my opinion.

1  Thank Growe192
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Average food, steak just a dry lump of meat, burger wss better atleast that was nicely presented not just thrown on the plate like the steak. poor service,no one around to ask for drinks.