“food usually very good but very expensive”

Yo Sushi - Meadowhall Sheffield
Ranked #304 of 1,497 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

been to quite a few of the other branches. this one is quite average. sometimes, not having all available thats on menu. very small portion sizes and ridiculously expensive, no vouchers either. blue mondays are good but not much selection on hot food on the belt.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife (a Yorkshire lass) takes me to this very interesting spot in the middle of a big Yorkshire mall. It's not what I'd expect to find in the land of Yorkshire pudding, but it's very good. I'm entranced by the little differently coloured plates of sushi travelling past me on a conveyor belt. Not far away a Japanese lady is feverishly making more food to feed the endless belt. We're offered delicious bowls of miso soup. Throughout the course of our meal at the counter we have three bowls, no extra charge. Also in front of me are two taps. Triple filtered fresh still or sparkling water. One pound fifty, as much as I can drink. Plus my own stash of pickled ginger, wasabi and soy, so no guilt in asking for more. In fact the very friendly young lady who first greeted us is busy and the manager happens by and asks if I'd like yet another bowl of miso. How can I refuse? Now to the sushi, one item of which was not coming round on the conveyor so I ordered it from the menu and it came in no time at all. Simply put. Delicious. Fresh. The tuna from sustainable stock. Salmon from happy farmed fish. Stuffed, we left equally happy and vowing to return. North American franchisers would be wise to sign up.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

After finally being child free my mum and myself went to yo sushi for our first ever time eating sushi and wot a delight it was the food was lovely and the colour coded plates were brilliant so we could keep tabs on wot we were spending we only ate from the conveyor belt this time with it being our first time but our next visit we'll defo order hot food are try their specials.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm a regular to Yo sushi- this one is 300 miles from where I live as visiting family.
First they tried to seat 4 of us and a 3 year old at the bar as the conveyer belt wasn't going round to the booths- so said booth or we are leaving. Another family was then seated behind us at a booth and yet they still didn't open the conveyer belt. So we were ordering for table service which gave them ample opportunity to forget orders....which they did.
Pointed out the two pieces of 1cm long bone left in my salmon sashimi- apologies but still had to pay for it!!
Lack of glove wearing compared to other sites and one of the kitchen hands felt the best way to clean his hands was to wipe them on his trousers!
Not good!
Bill £95 for 4 adults and a child.....

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our first ever experience of Yo Sushi! was helped considerably by the friendly staff particularly Kapil and Dan who guided us through the ordering process admirably.

We eventually chose miso soup, fish-cake ramen and the katsu chicken curry and as they were hot dishes we did not have to negotiate the inticacies of the conveyor belt!

The staff and service was brilliant and I would like to say that the food was great also but cannot. Just a month or so before my wife had had miso soup in the USA so comparing it to that she said that this was watery and lacking in taste. My ramen was fine but I found the fish-cakes a little deficient in flavour . The katsu chicken curry was quite nice as was a chicken noodle dish we ordered later.

We were surprised by how small the curry and noodle dishes were - a normal health male appetite would manage 3 portions, not one! Pricewise it can turn out quite expensive - £8 for ramen! £3-£4 for the chicken and noodles. Even the still water is charged at £1.05!

I don`t think we will be back in a hurry.