“love the food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love the food at YoSushi. Its can get a little expensive if you have lots of plates but it does mean you can pick and choose which plates you fancy. Wish it wasn't so open and was maybe in it own area so you can relax in peace but the food makes up for it. Overall very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We have used this place a few times in the past and were a little disappointed with a lack of range on the sushi belt. We ordered some warm dishes which were delicious. We both had Miso soup as a starter but were both surprised that it was tasteless & watery. When the staff were informed they said it was from a machine and that is how it comes out?! We have had Miso soup many times and this was the worst. Some of the staff were v attentive but the capability to pay at your table would greatly enhance the experience & avoid queuing for a second time.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Only a little place but worth a visit, I have been a couple of times with family and friends. Usuall yo sushi experience with things going round on the belt to take off and eat. If you haven't been before you basically take off an item from the rotating belt and keep your dish and at hey end they count your dishes to calculate the cost.
Water is available at the table but it is tap water and do feel a little cheated that they charge for thAt.
Hot food to order arrived quickly and wa delicious.

PLease do. Ot be afraid to dine here even if you hate sushi. I do not like raw fish and have never eaten it at yo sushi plenty to choose from that is not fish. Noodles, chicken, salads, pancakes etc.
Staff are polite and welcoming.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my first ever visit, you sit in a circle like arrangement, with tall stool like seats. I loved the sushi that goes round on a conveyor belt so you can just pick which sushi you want to eat, the plates are different colours and you get a chart with different prices. I actually looked online before i came and i was really surprised with the prices, because there's not many japanese restaurants in Sheffield i expected it to be really expensive but it wasn't as bad as i thought. I had the chicken ramen noodles, (i can't remember the exact name) the ramen is from the winter menu (i guess they have special menu's depending on the season). I have to say the ramen was delicious, plenty of chicken, noodles, seaweed, daikon radish and some seeds that i'm not sure what theyre called. I also had a bottle of Sprite, all together it came to £9.30, which in my opinion is really good, especially since i spend more at a pub restaurant. There's also more food that you can get, and if your interested in going to YO Sushi i'd reccomend going to the website (if you can't find information about the ramen go to google and search it - i had to do that)
Oh one last thing, they don't have knifes and forks, they have i guess you'd call them child friendly chop sticks, theyre pretty much two pieces of wood that slot into each other, so i wouldn't reccomend this place for families with young children.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Been to YS quite a few times now with my other half and we love it! We've only had to wait to be seated once- on a sunday when they do the "all you can eat for £20"
It can be expensive, so we only go around birthdays etc (if you join their club they send you vouchers) or when they have offers on. It's worth checking their website before you go. I'd recommend having a sandwich before you go too as it can take an awful lot of plates to fill you- my personal record is 32!!

***CONS***
The menu they give you is rubbish and impossible to use, as nothing on the belt looks like the picture. Once you've found the thing you're looking for in the menu- the dish has already moved away!!
I don't eat meat and once you pick a dish up you can't put it back, so many times i've not known whether it's tofu or chicken infront of me until it's too late!!

Also I think it's a bit greedy to charge you £1.50 for a glass of water.