“Turkish food at it's best.”
Review of Lokanta

Lokanta
Ranked #252 of 1,434 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Turkish food at it's best.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Delicious; the word that best sums up Lokanta. We have always enjoyed our meals at Lokanta. There is a good variety of food and the service is pretty good too. I definitely recommend the lamb shish kebab.

Visited November 2013

Sheffield
“A good night out”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a group of friends to celebrate a friend's birthday. We all had a lovely evening and it seemed good value for what we had. We had booked for 8 and arrived on time - despite it being busy, we were immediately shown to a table. It wasn't far from the door but we were only cold when inconsiderate guests left the door open. Drinks came quickly. The Turkish beer was a fun first and the rose wine was very nice and relatively inexpensive. We had one of the cheaper reds which was obviously fine, coz we ordered a second. We tried a variety of starters. Of note were the blue cheese mushrooms and the seafood taster plate (for two) which were excellent. One was disappointed with the Turkish salsa which sounded like a salad, but was actually just a dish of salsa. A variety of mains were all enjoyed. Of note was the sea bass and the lamb fillet. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout and although the place was packed you could talk easily. A good night out and we'd go back in the future.

Visited March 2014
“arrogance beyond belief”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was our favourite place...until tonight.....I took my 2 adult children there to share our recently found restaurant which we had enjoyed on several occasions......tonight was different. We waited for over an hour for our main to be served, which only came after asking how long it may be......it came, over cooked and burnt ....when I paid, I asked discreetly to speak to the manager...he was so arrogant...no hint of an apology. nor seemed at all interested , in fact he thought it clever to speak to his colleagues in Turkish and all have a laugh at our expense..needless to say, that's the last he`ll see of us, and p.s.....don't sit near the door as its freezing cold, take your fleeces with you, not a nice ambience

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Lucy S
“Consistent all-round quality”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've been going to this restaurant for several years, sometimes with friends, sometimes with my partner. I've always found the quality of the service and the food has been first rate. That's why I keep going back! I like the décor and the atmosphere and it's spotlessly clean. The free bread and sauce to start with is a nice extra touch.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank DFP2014
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Little treasure ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Lokanta on Valentine's Day during our first trip to sheffield. Out of all of the restaurants in Sheffield I'm so glad we chose this one! The menu all looked so tasty we found it hard to choose our meze dishes, but I have a feeling everything would have been delicious. Our choices did not disappoint, especially the cold meze platter and the delicious Tahini dessert. The food was authentically Turkish and really good quality, as was the service. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was perfect with the cosy candlelit tables. We will definitely come back to Lokanta when visiting Sheffield again, it was the highlight of our stay.

1 Thank KFlo42