“Turkish Salsa”
Review of Lokanta

Lokanta
Ranked #271 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Turkish Salsa”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This dish is absolutely sensational! The mixed grill is also very good. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would put this restaurant in sheffields top five.

1 Thank Andrew B

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Puddingless?”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellent food with both quality and quantity. Difficult to recommend one particular dish as all that the group of four had were equally delicious. Service was a little on the eccentric side as it became necessary to call the waiter across when we required attention. We were not asked if we required a dessert, so I don't know if there was anything on offer. We did request coffees, and both my wife and myself enjoyed their Turkish coffee - but it would have been a little more atmospheric if it was poured from a Turkish coffee pot, rather than just being brought from the kitchen in cups.

A cold night in Sheffield was not fully compensated for by the heat of the restaurant. Close to 5 stars, but not quite.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very good variety of small and large plates nicely cooked and presented. Effes beer available as all Turkish places should have - also wine for the ladies. Will go back.

East Cowes
“very, very good”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place has excellent reviews and I wanted to go there a long time - however needed to convince my Sheffiled relatives to go there
It was a cold March night and we had no reservation on a Saturday- pleasantly we were not turned away but offered a table which was a bit small to sit down and wait why a big table for the meal was vacated and made ready- drinks ordered in within 15 min we were comfortable and browsing menues
Service was friendly and choice was good
The complimentary bread was amongst the best flatbreads I ever had - the dip was ok but not our favourite
The zucchini fritters were also absolutely superb as was the accompaning cayik
there was also excellent aubergine salad
The yogurthy kebab was also really good and very genuine - although I would have liked a bit more yoghurt...
also the chicken kebap was very nicely done
we had hugar beyty as thrid disch with aubergine purre and despite this not beeing fully like in Turkey it was very good....
we hardly managed dessert but at a liitle ice cream - delightful meal nice surrounding -deserves the good reviews and the hustle

1 Thank cramorra
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I visited Lokanta with my parents and brother on Saturday evening. We were warmly greeted by the staff and service was excellent throughout our meal - attentive and friendly without being smothering.

We shared three meze starters between four to begin, which came with delicious freshly baked bread and salsa. The starters were lovely.

We all had lamb for mains. My brother and I had the lamb steaks with pureéd aubergine. It was cooked pink (as requested), was really tasty and a massive portion.

We had a bottle of Turkish Cabernet Sauvignon with our meal which was a bit dry for my taste, but went well with the food, and tasted better the more we had! You also don't have to ask for water- our waiter brought jugs of chilled water to us and replaced it when it was empty.

I can't comment on the puddings. We were all too full to have one.

The atmosphere was lively without being too noisy and we had a great time. Definitely recommended and I hope to return soon!