“where do i start”

Ranked #1,064 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

went to the norfolk arms for sunday lunch we didn't wait long for our lunch .when it came we noticed straight away the roast potatoes were burnt the mashed potatoes were just crushed not mashed and the Yorkshire pudding was like a sponge cake to be fair the veg was nice it was still crunchy .WHen we told the waitress she apologised but when we went to pay the guy behind the bar asked us and again we told him the manager of the restaurant was there she never even looked at us in fact she had her back to us and as we walked out she just looked at the bar man and pulled a face ( as if to say who cares) and believe me she didn't.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great food at this beautiful hotel, especially the full english breakfasts and pork sandwiches with a pint. Good service too.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you're going to pay £16.00 for a mixed grill in Yorkshire then you expect it to be of a reasonable standard - both in terms of quantity - and more importantly, quality. This meal did neither. The majority of it, to be frank, was like munching on an overpriced roll of loft insulation.

The pork chop was actually 'off' and tasted rancid. The pork sausage was (cheap and) barely cooked. The chicken goujon was tough and overcooked. The mushrooms were barely cooked. The chips (albeit home-made) were lukewarm. The garden peas were like tasteless bullets. My steak – despite requesting rare-medium was well done. Its wafer thin replacement was full of chewy fat and sinew. On the plus side, the gammon was tender and the sauce sachets were...well...sauce sachets.

None of us were asked how our meal was - always a big gripe of mine.

No hint of an apology was offered when I said I couldn't eat it for the reasons outlined - I was just offered something else from the menu. I politely declined.

To be fair to the owner/manager, he did take on board my comments and went some way towards explaining why things had been lacking of late. I hope that the food issues can be resolved and that the venue can secure a good chef, because food issues aside, there was a cosy ambience about the place that I quite liked. The food just let it down.

2  Thank P V
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked here for a overnight stay .They are very friendly ,we had a evening meal of the Roast of the day either Beef or Lamb .We had a huge plate of food which was very good .We also booked breakfast which also was very good.
The room were very clean and think have recently been refurbished to a lovely standard.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
A very enjoyable stay and would reccomend if in the area .

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My second visit to The Norfolk Arms, was not up to scratch!
I had a jacket potato with tuna and spring onions, served with a side salad.
Cold potato.
No spring onions.
Paper label included in the salad.
After running catering establishments I can only conclude, either, a non qualified chef, or very lazy chef.
Beer.... I can only discribe as..... thin. A pint that I am very familiar with, literally tasted watery.