Tripadvisor

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Sheffield
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #747 of 1,779 Restaurants in Sheffield
Description: The menu is exclusively curated by Marco himself and features timeless English and French classics, alongside signature steaks and a comprehensive drinks selection with premium cocktails. The restaurant is the perfect setting for any occasion, from a catch-up with friends to an intimate dinner for two or a family celebration. The restaurant is a must-visit for local foodies and residents.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Bought this as a Christmas present for my parents. They have eaten at a Macro restaurant before and thoroughly enjoyed it, but not in Sheffield!. Had I known that the groupon was for just a set meal as opposed to the "main menu" I would not have purchased this. The table was booked for 6 pm, my parents walked out at 9 pm!! 3 hours and only having 2 courses! The set menu is very limited (4 mains ). There was nothing on the starter that entertained them, so they decided on a main and dessert. My mum asked if it was possible to have a chicken dish instead as she doesn't eat steak, nor burgers. The waitress went to ask the chef who then said no! They both decided on fish and chips which was average, then opted for the sticky toffee pudding, which they both agreed was nice. I think 3 hours in a restaurant is far too long, especially if you are only having 2 courses. They also purchased 2 cokes, 1 tea, 1 coffee for a very expensive £14! Other diners who purchased from the restaurant menu, were clearly attended to before the groupon ones. This should never happen in any restaurant, everyone should be treated the same, it made my parents feel embarrassed and like they didn't belong there. Really disappointed with the whole experience. Wish I had taken them to the local pub which they would have got their moneys worth. Not a Marco experience I had hoped for them to enjoy.

Date of visit: January 2020
MPWmanager1, Owner at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

I’m so sorry to here that your parents did not enjoy their experience in our restaurant. It does however state the menu provided in the ‘what you’ll get’ section when purchasing this voucher. We do this to ensure that everyone is aware of all the options before dining with us. This menu has been created so it had a variety of options that we hope can suit everyone. Unfortunately we cannot offer our main menu and have made this set menu as an alternative option as we believe that this menu is good value for money.

I’m sorry to see that you believe that other diners had priority over your parents but I can assure you that our team treat all our guests equally.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback, I will make sure this is passed onto the team.

Kind Regards,
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We had a Groupon voucher for Xmas, we went today for lunch, excellent food & the service was very good. We will visit again soon.......

Date of visit: January 2020
MPWmanager1, Owner at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Hello,

Thank you so much for your 5* review! I'm so happy to hear that you had a lovely lunch with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

So bought a groupon as appeared to be a great offer 50% off 2 people a 2 course meal. And as I've ate at Marco's before I knew that was a good deal. How wrong I was. We had been seated a very long time before being served, noticed another customer actually had a drink and had ordered his food before we was even approached. My other half ordered a pint, I ordered water. My partner recieved his drink, I had to ask for mine several minutes later as they forgot. We then managed to order our food. We had been in the restaurant almost 1 hour before receiving the starter. We spent overall 2 hour here, I dont mind waiting for food as enjoy being out, but I can imagine this would annoy most Starters where good, normal standard, the main how ever! Oven cooked chips, cold onion rings and the most undercooked fatty peice of steak imaginable. Naturally the waitress asked if everything was ok before we even began eating the steak so we had agreed it was ok. I then noticed that other people had thick chunky chips that resembled nothing like the very obvious oben ships we were served! So I queried this, for the waitress to literally lie to us. She told us they were not given chips they where thrice cooked chips!!! So I asked if they were the same chips that other people had, she again blatantly lied saying yes and that these are the chips they serve with all meals!!! We literally sat side by side with a couple eating a very different standard of food to us and the waitress bare faced denied any difference in food!!! Mind blown! That will now be the reason I will never ever return or recommend this place!!! The groupon deals should be a great way to invite new custom, not creat bad feed back. How disgusting serving oven chips in a supposedly high quality steakhouse! Shame on you. I will admit, the desert was delicious and the starters were decent. My low score is purely for the main course,the very slow service and the fact we was quite obviously served a did standard of food to everyone else, which quite frankly is embarrassing and very poor behaviour.

Date of visit: January 2020
MPWmanager1, Owner at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback from your recent visit. I'm so sorry to hear that the steak wasn't up to standard. Although the check back was taken place early we always want to hear any feedback on the night so we can rectify the situation then. If we had know about this we would of tried our best to make everything right for you as we would never want a guest to feel disappointed in their dining experience however we were unaware. In regards to the chips served with the steak, they should be the triple cooked chips however on this particular night we slightly adapted your chosen menu to be served with pommes frites. Down to human error the server may not of informed you when ordering which I am sorry about. I am sad to see that you wont be returning in the future as we would like to rectify this for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We booked on Groupon, the food was okay but we expected better for this restaurant. The preset menu could of done with one more main. I don’t think the restaurant is up to the standards of Marco, it felt like a pub meal more than a top chefs dish.

Would go back on another offer, but I wouldn’t return to pay full price as I don’t think it’s would be worth it.

Finally, the restaurant could do with a clean. The radiators are filthy, and the chairs had crumbs on them.

Date of visit: January 2020
MPWmanager1, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was not what you expected. Please forward your details to info@mpwsteakhousesheffield.com as we would like to be in touch with you to resolve this.

Kind regards,
Anita Yawli
Assistant restaurant Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We have visited the steak House tonight as we was bought a Groupon voucher for Christmas. We were looking forward to this and have come away very disappointed and would not return again. We ordered the steak on the menu and asked for medium rare however when it came it was blue to rare and very chewy. The steak was accompanied with what tasted exactly like frozen oven chips which just ruined the entire main. We expected so much more from a steak house. As for our dessert the mousse was lovely however the lack of choice was also disappointing. Would not recommend to anyone.

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not what you expected. I do appreciate the comments you have left as we do value our guests feedback and always try to rectify any issues. If you could please send your details to info@mpwsteakhousesheffield.com I'd like to get in touch with you to resolve this. I hope to welcome you back to our restaurant soon.

With kind regards,