“nice cosy pub”

Dining options: Reservations
west midlands
“nice cosy pub”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

weatherspoons chain. nice cosy on a dark damp night food quality good and quick service cheap drinks

Visited September 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good service - Not so good food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My Husband and I wwent for a meal here for our wedding anniversary 4.8.12, we had our wedding reception at S.U.F.C 11 years ago so thought it would be a nice treat to go back. The restaurant its self is not very welcoming - the staff are nice and friendly but the atmosphere is not very welcoming. My Husband and I were both given different menu's and after talking to the waitress and finding out the correct one we ordered pork belly and the feta/watermelon for starters. The pork belly was so unappetising, flabby and not at all crispy on top and the feta wasn't great either, I did mention the pork to the waitress and she did offer me another starter but I declined. The mains weren't that good either - the bream was raw in the middle and my chicken came with lumpy mash. If we hadn't already ordered puddings I don't think we would have bothered but to be honest the cheese board and pannacotta were probably the highlight of the evening and they were only ' ok '.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Amanda16279
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just yummy! The meal was scumptious and the service lovely and relaxing anf friendly. Will be back again.

Visited June 2012
UK
“Decent food, good value”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Had dinners there as a part of BB&D deal with the hotel. Normally I avoid hotel restaurants, as often they're expensive mediocre food. 1855 was much better than expected. Good food, good service, menu says 3 courses for 20.00 which is very reasonable.

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good value set menu”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Set evening meal for £20.
Good choce (about 6 things each course) and local bottled beer. Good service and friendly staff.

Visited March 2012