“Cosy little place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I went to Yama Sushi with a friend on a whim and we loved it! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable when we were ordering Asian beers at random. We shared a portion of California rolls which were delicious. I had a salmon dish that I struggle to remember the name of...salmon teriyaki perhaps. Anyway, it was very flavoursome. The ingredients seemed to be of high quality and we left feeling full and happy. I would highly recommend this place for great sushi!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Me and my missus have been here quite a few times, and on a few occasions, we've taken friends also. The food has always been great quality and I love the fact they provide free service green tea with any meal. The sushi is prepared well, but they also do great ramen, and my favorite is the seafood ramen. Will head over there again in a couple of weeks for sure.

1  Thank stemundo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a local, I've been to Yama many times. It's best value as a group because many items on the menu come in sets of 6 pieces, so you can have more variety by sharing. There's enough to keep my vegetarian housemate happy and to feed my carnivorous boyfriend (he loves the chicken and leek skewers). Even my mother (who hates the thought of sushi) had an enjoyable meal. The sashimi is excellent.
There's a lovely atmosphere. Be warned it's only a small place, so wise to book ahead if you're there on a busy night--but there's a few places to have a drink nearby, so coming back in half an hour is never a problem.
Expect to spend around £20 including drinks. (Cheapest I've managed was £13 a head, most expensive £25--always more expensive as a couple.) 10% discount for students.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My favourite sushi in sheffield. Friendly service and super tasty especially what is on the specials list. Can only recommend!!! Will go again soon

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went with a friend on Friday night. Started with a sharing platter of Sushi which was probably the best Sushi I have every tasted. We followed this up with Seafood Ramen in the Pork Broth, Both me and my friend have said that this is probably one of the tastiest dishes we have had! The seafood was perfectly cooked and the broth was beautiful. Will definitely be coming back!