“Poor Meal along with customer service”
Review of Admiral Rodney

Admiral Rodney
Reserve with OpenTable
Admiral Rodney is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 1,455 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Poor Meal along with customer service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ordered 2 haddock and chips,these were served,my wife spotted her very poor batter(like rubber)after her first mouthful.We were sat for a while before we could attract someones attention,then my wife was offered another.By this time i was partly through my meal which seemed ok and I refused the offer of another,wish I hadn't,by the time I got half way through the fish the batter was like dough.I left the batter and ate the fish,my wifes second attempt arrived and it wasn't much better.No one seemed to want to take responsibility for the poor meals,we were served by 1,my wifes 2nd was served by someone else,it was a different 1 that came and asked if my wifes second was ok,apologised when told it was not much better,then it was the same one that delivered a bill for £20.13.They seem to be ok when no one complains,no one as the authority it seems.

• Visited August 2013

Sheffield
“We love it here”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is our local vintage inn and we love it.

The food choice is excellent from starters to main meals.

The service and staff are always excellent.

The drinks are good too.

I cant wait to come again.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had the haddock and chips, we couldnt fault the food at all, large portions and a good price. Very busy so service was a little slow

Visited July 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Good food and a lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We've been here a few times and I am never disappointed by the quality of food and the friendliness of the staff. Typical English food that is prepared beautifully and served promptly. You'll find people of all ages eating here and they are all enjoying themselves. You should really try the deserts as some are fantastic. All in all a very good place to eat.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good pub food and friendly service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a meal at the Admiral Rodney and really enjoyed it. The food was good quality, what you would expect from a decent pub. The service was also efficient and friendly.

Visited July 2013