“Excellent food, atmosphere a bonus”

The Devonshire Arms
Ranked #298 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced food and ales . Award winning Gastropub. Michelin listed pub and restaurant featured in Sawdays guide
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excellent food and service. Atmosphere amazing. We were just lucky to find it on our random travels on the bank holiday weekend.

There are newer reviews for The Devonshire Arms

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently took my grandma to The Devonshire Arms for Sunday lunch as a treat and we werent disapointed. A very warm welcome and they were very accomodating as I asked for the chair to be changed as my grandma struggles with low chairs. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

The menu was very good value, a choice of 4 starters, 5 mains including three different roasts and 4 desserts plus a specials board that looked amazing. As it was sunday we both opted for the roast sirloin. It was excellent, pink and also very tender. My grandma had hers well done but unlike other restaurants I have visited it was not chewy and cooked to a crisp. I had the baileys cheesecake to finish, which is to die for.

Highly reccomend!!! Will be returning in the future to sample the evening menu.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was recommended the Devonshire Arms by 2 people. We went on a Thursday night. The place was busy, but the spacious seating meant that we didn't feel crowded in. The refurbishment of the Arms is modern but stylish so it doesn't take anything away from the lovely exterior or surroundings.

The menu is pleasingly not the usual run-of-the-mill pub food one usually finds in pub to restaurant conversions. Both food and service were excellent. We had venison with an interesting and tasty smoked mash. Desserts were a work of art, but additionally very tasty. Usually when I order a small glass of wine it doesn't last through to the first course. However, this one was a good size and no more expensive than most places. It was also a very good wine! The bill was a pleasant surprise.

All in all a very pleasant night which I would happily recommend.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Contrary to BLADE4EVA we found all the staff to be most polite and efficient. We were a party of 8 booked in on a Tues evening. The Arms has been converted into a modern, almost chic restaurant. The modern wooden furniture, the interesting art work, the "open" kitchen, all make for a really pleasant dining experience.
The menu was varied with much "local sourcing" of fresh produce, and the wine list quite impressive. A total of 8 main courses, 4 starters and 4 desserts, all beautifully presented with two bottles of wine and varied drinks came to £248.
It had been recommended to us and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Friday evening we were told gets really busy, we then realised the olympics opening ceremony had kept most indoors. This is where country pub meets contemporary dining we were told and this time we were not disappointed!

Delicious food well presented in a pleasant atmosphere with great decor. Crab starters are generally mostly paste but this was meaty and judging by the pieces of shell, fresh from the boat. My fish and chips main was also delicious with home cooked real chips and pea puree nicely presented.

The rest of our party enjoyed equally good food, and apparently the fish night is even better (1st Friday of the month I believe). Only slight niggle was that although the service was good the staff could have been a bit friendlier. We will certainly go again and would recommend anyone to give it a try.