“Perfect wedding reception!!”

Montgomery Hotel
Montgomery Hotel
Ranked #25 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderfull long honeymoon which followed our perfect wedding reception at the Montgomery Hotel. Three elements made it perfect Family, Friends and Sarah (plus staff) at the Montgomery. From day one Sarah was supportive, helpful, enthusiastic and on the day we couldn't have asked for more. Although we arrived a little late we were not rushed to sit down, our guests were gradually moved into the hotel where my sisters decorations looked lovely with the bright walls and local artwork, once everyone was seated me and my new husband were shown through and introduced by Sarah. We were served quickly and attentively and again not rushed at all, when the DJ had to get into the room to set up we were shown into the bar area and settled comfortably whilst evening guests arrived. Between the service, the DJ and the rooms (one for dancing and enjoying the music, one where we could chat and the pool room plus plenty of room outside if you need some air) everything ran smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. Then came along the BEST buffet I have ever known, Sarah and her staff made sure that everything that should be hot was and when anything looked like it was running out it was immediatley replaced - the food was outstanding and when we were away we were still getting messages and my parents getting phone calls about the lovely venue and beautiful food. Everyone was very impressed, we stayed the night and our room was very spacious, spotlessly clean with a large en suite and we had tv plus tea and coffee making facilities, the breakfast next morning again was impressive - fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, full english plus tea or coffee and fruit juice - not choose one it was all included!! Overall I would say if you are looking for a venue to hold any kind of party or wedding give Sarah a ring, you will not be disappointed but you will be impressed!! Even though we live at the other side of sheffield we will definately use the Montgomery again for any parties and we will use the Lounge for a bite to eat and a drink of good real ale as often as possible. What I found a lovely touch was that when we arrived home there was a letter of congratulations from Sarah wishing us all the best in our marriage - our opinion of Sarah and the Montgomery Hotel just gets better, they are efficient, friendly and really know how to look after their guests. We will definatley be recommending the Montgomery Hotel to our friends and families.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Montgomery Hotel

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Chose this hotel as visiting friend in Norton. Thought it would be convenient. Wouldn't have found it without sat.nav. Our room was clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and large car park at rear.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The staff were absolutely lovely, friendly and helpful but that's about the only good thing I can say about this hotel. I chose it because I wanted to be in Nether Edge and it's a good location for that being just a pleasant walk to Ecclesall Road.

However the room was simply awful. The carpet old and dirty, the furniture was so tatty that it felt like a proper doss house. They'd obviously tried to modernise the rooms with some purple cushions, matching lampshades and ikea pictures on the wall but nothing could hide the vile and old furniture. I do think the bathroom was clean, it smelt heavily of bleach but it was so strong that the whole room smelt of it. Not very pleasant.

I was going to complain about the room and then my husband pointed out that actually one of the images on their website was our room just taken from a better angle and in nice lighting so I am guessing that all the rooms are similar or worse. When we checked out in the morning the downstairs bar and dining area actually looked ok so perhaps things will get better but I certainly wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Anya B
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is not a luxurious hotel, rather a conveniently located rest stop in a pleasant part of the city. The facilities are simple but fine for the needs of many. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The room was nice and comfortable.

Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was satisfied with our stay here. Rooms lovely and clean. Staff really helpful/friendly. Breakfast superb The only complaint is the room was a bit hot & stuffy. Only one of the sash windows would open. Could do with a fan in the room. I would and will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lizmulli
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We enjoyed a very leisurely stay in a lovely hotel set in a good location, not far from main attractions. The staff were very friendly and helpful, making you feel part of their family. Our room was excellent and the food was good too! Very good value for money. If we are in Sheffield again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

On arrival at the Hotel the staff were friendly and very helpful. I had been booked into a single room but was immediately upgraded to larger double at no extra cost. The room was a decent size, clean and comfortable. The full english breakfast with a choice of cereals, yoghurt and fruit was served promptly and of a good standard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo