“eccleshall rd branch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Preston, United Kingdom
“eccleshall rd branch”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Seems smaller and more cramped than other Prezzo's we have been today. Best avoiding Sunday lunch if you don't want to be surrounded by buggies and high chairs. Good value if you have a voucher

• Visited February 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Why lie about your menu?”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ordered some crab and lobster tortellini, but made a point of asking before if it was made fresh in the restaurant. Our waitress confirmed it was made fresh in the restaurant.

The food arrived but my girlfriend's chicken was burnt and my pasta was definitely not fresh. The waitress came over and asked if everything was ok as were looked pretty disgusted with the food - it was very poor. I told her it was disappointing and would not be eating any more. I asked her again if the pasta was made fresh, she hesitated then went to the kitchen before coming back and telling me it was actually brought in from a supplier before being cooked from frozen.

Nothing more happened. As we were going to watch a movie we didn't want to wait for the bill so instead went up to the counter and explained our issues with the food. A good restaurant will apologise and offer some sort of redress. This restaurant tried haggling over how much we should pay. I stated we had barely touched the food and had been misinformed about how the food was prepared and that I was not prepared to pay for the items that had been missold. They finally agreed to tear up the bill.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank iutbsco
Sheffield
“Ecclesall Road Branch - Good value if you have a voucher”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Persuaded by my better half to try an evening meal here with the children.

Was a weekday so not particularly busy. Sat down to a table by our first waitress who gave us some menus and left us to look through them for a little while. When she came back she asked us whether we would like some drinks but before placing our order, we wanted to know more about what the kids' june had to offer. She gave out a big sigh then stormed off to get a kids menu so not the best start from my point of view. We ordered our drinks and food and noticed her going off duty and thankfully a new much friendlier waitress took over. However the restaurant was not busy but it was difficult to get hold of staff who didn't seem to be around much of the time.

We had the bread board to share which was very good. Main meals include pizzas and pasta which I was surprised to find were also very good. Pizzas were a good size, cooked well and very tasty and the pasta portion was also pleasingly more substantial than I expected. I was especially impressed with my king prawn and spinach pizza (Gamboretti) as the prawns were cooked just right. It's very easy to overcook seafood on a pizza but my prawns looked fresh and were not overcooked at all.

Desserts were a little on the pricey side but were also very pleasant.

I did find it all a little on the pricey side for what is admittedly very good restaurant chain food but fortunately for us, we had a few vouchers from a well-known supermarket which helped and my wife tells me that if you join their mailing list online, there are often 2-for-1 vouchers on main courses which actually turns a meal here into pretty good value.

Good - quality of food in general very good, good value with 2-for-1 voucher

Bad - terrible first waitress, pricey if you don't have a voucher

Overall - worth a visit and if I'm honest deserves 3 and a half stars as I would rate it as "good" rather than "very good" which is 4 stars

• Visited January 2013
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Food was brill... :-)”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch at Prezzo before a cinema showing.. only one person front of house but she was very friendly and welcoming... :-) Enjoyed the lunch menu, a starter, a main and a beer for £10.95...great value and the food was great... Would definitely visit Prezzo at Centertainment again :-)

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Ecclesall Road Branch - Superb food, good presentation!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited here to try out our new tastecard, granting us 2-4-1 on all courses! For starters we had king prawns in a tomato based sauce and calamari rings which were both really nice and well presented! For main we got a V.I.Pizza, which was quite large and tasted amazing. Also you can opt for two smaller portions of any of the pasta dishes, so we went for that as we like to try lots of different food, again each pasta was lovely and complimented with really nice sauce.

Service and atmosphere of the place were good. As we had 2-4-1 the bill only came to £23 which was amazing! Try and find a similar offer and you will be on to a pure winner!!

• Visited January 2013