“Terrible”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Ordered food online at 7.30. Finally arrived at 9.30.

When I rang up at 9.10 to ask where the order was the first person I spoke to said it was still being cooked. I asked to the speak to the manger who said the order was out for delivery, so someone was lying!

When food arrived (taking 20 mins to be delivered 750yds if you believe the manger) it consisted of bland curry and cold rice.

Never again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

absolutley terrible !! we have in the past had a few good curries but the last time we had one it was disgusting, tasteless and bland and both curries tasted the same , and to add insult to injury they forgot to bring the free coke that was mentioned in the leaflet, never again !

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were visiting our daughter and her family, they live a mile from Cafe Masala. We'd been for a drink at a local pub, went back to our daughters house and at 8.35 ordered a take away through Just Eat. We were told it would be an hour and a half max. At 10.15 it hadn't arrived so we 'phoned the take away to see what was happening. We were assured it was on it's way and would be with us " any minute. " 10 minutes later it still hadn't arrived.
At 10.30 the driver pulled up outside. I went out, opened his door and told him not to bother because a 2 hour wait was unacceptable. He apologised and said the delay was due to the weather! What???? It was raining plus we were only a mile from from shop! I told him to go away and we'd be asking for our money back.
We called Just Eat to tell them we'd cancelled the order and wanted a refund, even the woman who we spoke to couldn't believe we'd been waiting for 2 hours. We were promised our money back.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We placed an online order and selected Home Delivery and it took more than 1,5 hr. We called a couple of times to see the status of the order and they guy said "it should be there now!!" twice.
Awful! Do NOT order online and do NOT order home delivery. Food takes full of rage!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've used this take away several times and was, at first, very impressed with the quality of the food. So much so that I wrote them a very positive review on another website. However, since that time I have ordered from them 3 times and been more and more disappointed each time. At first the issue was mostly to do with the time it takes them to deliver. They promise an hour or less but it is always more. I've waited for 2 hours twice! They'd forgotten parts of the order twice. First time it was just popadoms but second time it was bhajis. The last time I ordered from them the food took ages again and was disappointing when it arrived. This was the first time this has happened. The demand they face means they can't keep up with orders and their food has gone from seeming as though it has been cooked specially for you, with all dishes having their own distinctive tastes and qualities, to now appearing and tasting like your average take away. Many of the dishes seeming like the have been reheated and have very little difference between them. Even a simple dhal, which used to be a high quality side dish, has become a watery slush.
With the wait times and the quality of the food, my last take away from here was literally that. I'll be trying somewhere else in future.