“Quality food with friendly service”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #29 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte confit de canard and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £11.95 and a two-course prix fixe early evening menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.95. During December the bistrot will be transformed and tastefully decorated for the festive season. Join us for a 3 course set lunch menu for £18.50 or 3 course set dinner menu £26.95 – bookings being taken. If you love what we do give the gift of French dining and order our gift cards online or pop into the bistrot.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here on the way to a confer, tea time special and was very pleased with both the food and service. I had scallops and the wife pate both tasty although they did forget the onion relish. Main I had haddock and the wife beef both again very tasty. Apparently the veg was nice, I don't eat it but the dauphine nous potatoes were excellent. All the staff were very friendly and service was perfect.

Julien A, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much fro taking the time to provide us with some feedback. It really means a lot to us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your food and found the service to be good also. This is really what we aim to achieve.

I hope that we will see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited here a few weeks ago for a belated birthday meal. Place was busy (Sunday lunchtime), and the greeting was warm and friendly and we were seated immediately. The menu is a good combination of dishes (although they had already run out of some dishes despite us eating at 1 oclock), together with an interesting selection of (French) wine. Service was quick, food well presented, tasty and with good flavours. Overall a very pleasant meal, nice surroundings and friendly staff - recommended

Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us. It really means a great deal to us. I would like to apologise for some of the items on the menu being unavailable, this is an issue that we are really striving to prevent. I am pleased however, that you enjoyed the food and the service, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday in August and had an excellent meal, so we booked for 7 for my son's 19th birthday. Unfortunately our second visit was not so good. Our table was booked for 2pm, we were told they had run out of Sunday lunch as soon as we arrived. We ordered drinks which arrived at different times, and we had to request one drink several times. We ordered appetisers and were told we needed to wait for our bread, as it was being baked, but at least would be hot. When it arrived, it was frozen in the middle, we sent it back and it was returned, torn into pieces and chewy-clearly microwaved. I asked for a vegetarian main and was initially told they had run out, I was offered mullet instead, however I was actually served mackerel. When t came to dessert, both the creme brûlée and bread and butter pudding had sold out. Also I forgot to say, I ordered a starter of Roquefort salad, on which 2 of the 4 ingredients were missing.

marylise74, Director of Sales at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Corrine,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I am truly sorry about your experience, this seems to be completely out of ordinary for us, we clearly had underestimated how busy we were going to be or the popularity of some of the dishes.
your comments have been taken on board,I believe some of the issues were down to a basic misunderstanding amongst our team, but we are confident this will not reoccur.
Kind regards
Marylise

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Bistrot Pierre is our favourite place for diner in Sheffield. I was brave enough to try the fish soup and, OMG, no regret. That was beautiful. The steak was to die for and the service, supplied by this young French lady was just perfect!
We have to come back again

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service when you dined with us. I have passed on your comments to the chefs, and to the waitress who served you. Hopefully, we will see you again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Came with a group of friends for a birthday bash on a Saturday night. It was busy but we were shown straight to our table. Service was good throughout and friendly. It can be interesting trying to understand the staff - apparently 3 are French. Starters were all good, though some were excellent. I had the fromage grille which was excellent. My wife had the mushrooms and would have swapped. Mains were again good to excellent depending on what you chose. Luckily I chose the lamb rump which was outstandingly good. Unfortunately only French wines, which I generally dislike and was again disappointed. Too full for sweets. It was a good night though on the expensive side; we'd go again.

1  Thank johnboySheffield

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It means such a lot to us to receive feedback. I am so pleased that overall you had an enjoyable experience, and that you enjoyed the food. We hope to see you again soon!