“So far the best”

Ranked #27 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Tonight we had the best meal we ever had in Sheffield. From the staff to the wine, everything was perfect. And the lamb......humm to die for. Highly recommanded

Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Wow! What a great review! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Bistrot Pierre

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary and it was perfect. It wasn't too busy and the staff were really attentive :) Thumbs up :)

Thank you for the "thumbs up" and we're so pleased you and your boyfriend enjoyed your dining experience with us. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What I really appreciate about going to eat at Le Bistrot Pierre is that I KNOW the food is going to be good. Over the last couple of years they have maintained the excellent quality of their cuisine so that it IS a gastronomic delight to eat there. The service is attentive and friendly without being pushy and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. All three of us enjoyed each one of our choices and vowed that we would go more often, as we consider the prices are very reasonable.

A suggestion: I know that some of the food is locally sourced, but it would be an added bonus to know that such a reputable restaurant, albeit part of a chain, is actively supporting other local businesses in their supply chain.

Thank you for your review and your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our customers. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am an Englishman who speaks reasonable French and my wife and I are regular visitors to France and have been for many years. We have eaten hundreds of times in French restaurants so we do think that we know a little about French cuisine. At lunch today(16/11/2012) I had bavette et frites for my main course. The beef was cooked perfectly to my order (rare) and I have to say that I have never had better in France. Even the chips were cooked in the proper French manner. Barbara had an off-menu special (at no extra cost) which was haddock with leek and mild curry sauce, wilted spinach, roast vegetables and garnished with about 7 or 8 mussels. She pronounced this to be excellent.With a bottle of house wine the bill was less than £34 for 2 courses. Anybody moaning about the staff not speaking French should have a chat with Julien - he is a Parisien and will soon put you right.

1  Thank Bernard G
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you Bernard for your lovely review and we're delighted to read how much you and your wife enjoyed your dining experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went to Le Bistrot Pierre with my boyfriend on a Friday evening, we booked a table for 7pm.

I really like this restaurant as its French and reminds me a little of being in Paris.

For starter I had the Pate, which was very nice, and my boyfriend had a bread basket which was a variety of fresh breads.

For main I had the 9oz Ribeye steak, cooked medium with fries, it was very tasty and cooked perfectly. My boyfriend had Half free range roasted chicken with Fries. He said it was very nice but he did have steak envy.

For dessert I had the Hazelnut Chocolate Meringue which was amazing, however I would have liked to have seen French Macarons on the menu.

We shared a bottle of Rousanne Chardonnay which was really nice, and my boyfriend had a Remy Martin and we both had coffee.

I would go here again, I havent given it 5 stars because I did think we were given a poor table. we did ask if we could sit next to the window but the waitress said it was booked.

The restaurant was also quite busy the evening we went , and it had a good atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant; it's greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.