“Well located with friendly staff.”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
London, United Kingdom
“Well located with friendly staff.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As with all premier inns, the arrival and check-in was painless and the staff were friendly.
The Breakfast was what you'd expect from a chain and suited my needs as I was only staying for the purposes of a wedding.

My problems with the room were the loud gurgling noise emanating from the sink that occurred every time someone on a floor above used their sink and also the lack of good temperature regulation. The premier inn guarantee of a good night sleep was enforced (due to the sink problems keeping me awake on one night) and I got a refund.

I wouldn't want to stay in the same room again, but otherwise I'd stay at the Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here on Friday night and found most things to be very good. However, the bed was quite short. I am 5'4" and found it to be just long enough for me. When we mentioned this to the receptionist, she said it was a standard size, but did say it had been mentioned before!
Another small negative is the car park. It is quite tight getting in, and there were obvious signs of car paint on many of the pillars!
Breakfast is good value for money and plentiful.
The room was very clean and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hotel despite the couple of niggles.

Room Tip: Book early to get the best price.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just wanted to thank the Premier Inn team at St MARY'S GATE in Sheffield
Was an Excellent stay , from checking in to leaving, room was very good and spotlessly clean.
Bargain for £ 29 MID WEEK STAY . Staff were very polite and helpfull , couldn't fault the place at all.................. Also bang smack in the centre of Sheffield so very handy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I first entered the room, very clean and up to date unlike some budget hotels. The bed was soft and comfortable, lovely crisp white sheets with extra pillows on the shelf if needed and loads of extra towels too. We booked for the breakfast and instead of some skimpy offering we were treated to three different juices and a full selection of cooked items... the staff were awsome and couldn't do enough to help, always smiling and pleasant. Overall I'd have to say this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in for a long time and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ann w
Isle of Man
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Good value and an ideal location for our needs. Quick automated check-in was very good, and the staff very helpful. The rooms were very clean and maintained well, shower facilities were easy to use, strange to have the wash hand basin outside the shower room, but it wasn't a problem. Plenty of advertising literature for what's on and places of interest in the lobby, but no street maps of Sheffiled City Centre which would have been helpful. We found the secure car park very useful. We only had a short visit to Sheffield, but we will certainly use this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jerusalem
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for a week in September 2012. Like the previous reviewer, I was on the 10th floor and it was peaceful and quiet. Although the hotel has an automated check-in system, when I arrived very late at night the reception clerk welcomed me by name (I guess because I was the last guest arriving that day), which was very pleasant. I paid GBP 10 for internet connection for the week, which is cheap by any standards. The connection wasn't bad at all, though a bit slow sometimes.
I didn't eat in the hotel, but sat in the bar once or twice which was quite pleasant.
The car park has quite a few places over two floors, but at the weekend it got very full. As well as the places being small, there are also annoying columns everywhere. I scratched the car. Be careful!
The room was kept spotlessly clean throughout my visit, and service was good.

I've stayed in a B&B on most of my past visits to Sheffield, but despite the less personal atmosphere, on balance I prefer the Premier Inn. And it was cheaper, at least this time.

Room Tip: Higher floor is probably advisable to get less noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Shaul01
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited Sheffield for a nostalgic get together with some friends and a number of us booked this hotel. Clean, modern, with well trained staff and secure parking. Good standard of room and very clean and fresh looking. Also the rooms were very quiet which made a change and I liked the security system for each floor.
Breakfast wasn't bad either. Just a quck visit but would certainly use this place again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends