Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Booked a room for a weekend break from their sale. Big clean room. Staff pleasant. Big plus is the free secure parking. Will definitely stay again. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,349)

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Cant beat Premier Inn for value and this is exceptional - Location ok not brilliant but only half a mile walk from station and city centre.
Staff are really friendly and helpful and rooms comfy as usual.

Room Tip: top floors quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This was my first time in a Premier Inn and i was positively surprised. The room was spotless, the bed was big, it had a TV, the bathroom wasnt huge but it was clean and did the job. The only bad thing is that they dont have wireless.
I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here as commuting to University from Nottingham and was there two days on trot. Excellent and easy to follow directions to and from the University. Secure parking which the other Sheffield Premier Inn did not offer. Clean room and friendly staff - slightly disappointed about no bath, but the shower was excellent!

The only downside was that although with a £29 room, you expect there to be additional costs, dinner and a two glasses of wine ended up being about £20 from the restaurant. Not bad for what I ate but was disappointed with the slow service, took about half hour for dinner to arrive by which time I'd finished a glass of wine and ended up ordering a second... if I'd known dinner would have taken a while to arrive, I'd have brought the bottle of wine!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2011

6 of us stayed here for 1 night as our company was in Sheffield for the day and evening, i've got to say i was very suprised by this hotel in a good way. The staff we're all fantastic from start to finish chatting to us at the bar, booking us taxi's and providing us with a great breakfast for a saturday morning.
I'm originally from Sheffield and was really pleased finind a hotel close to the town centre and Ecclesall road with all it's bars shopping and restaurants, plus free parking included.
Pound for pound the best hotel i've stayed in in Sheffield.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We have just returned from a two night stay here.

This must be one of the best Premier Inns we have used. The room was a good size and very clean. There are no baths in these rooms, which I normally prefer, but the shower was so good that I was very happy to use that instead.

The staff were without exception very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was so good that we decided to have dinner there both nights.

The location is just a few minutes walk from the town centre.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed December 17, 2011

When i arrived at the hotel i was greated by a receptionist called Kate. She was very friendly and welcoming. She had a huge smile on her face which immediately put me in a good mood. When i arrived in my room i was pleased to see that it was a large spacious room with a place for me to work at a desk. I would however suggest to them that better lighting in rooms would be advised. I had prebooked what is called a meal deal, very good value for money. When i arrived at the restaurant in the evening i was greated by 2 females. Called Chloe and Nicole. they greated me with two big grins and very quickly showed me to a table. Once seated Chloe talked me through how the Meal Deals works as i had not had one before. She was very friendly and enquired about the kind og work that i do and we very quickly got into a deep convosation. As the night went on the two girls became very busy and The Chef Dave started to bring out meals to the tables. He was very charming and offered sauces and extra drinks. I think this was very good as he isn't normally in the public eye. The two girls worked very hard that evening and i give credit to them. A third person would have been nice, to give them some support. I gave the girls a large tip for there excellant service. Once back in my room with a very nice large glass of Shiraz i began my work in a very comfortable manner. My nights sleep was excellent and would very much like to stay here again whenever im back working in sheffield. On breakfast in the morning Chloe was there again. Nice to see the same faces. She explained all the buffet to myself and made sure everything was ok with my food throughout. A female Chef in the mornings cooks some amazing sausages. I would reccommed this hotel to all my friends and collegues.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo