1,452 results
All reviewscity centrest marys gatesecure parkingcar parkshower and toiletring roadthird floorecclesall roadmeal dealon site parkingkey cardself servicegood nights sleepall you can eatfamily roomexcellent stayexcellent value for money
Reviewed December 17, 2011

When i arrived at the hotel i was greated by a receptionist called Kate. She was very friendly and welcoming. She had a huge smile on her face which immediately put me in a good mood. When i arrived in my room i was pleased to see that it was a large spacious room with a place for me to work at a desk. I would however suggest to them that better lighting in rooms would be advised. I had prebooked what is called a meal deal, very good value for money. When i arrived at the restaurant in the evening i was greated by 2 females. Called Chloe and Nicole. they greated me with two big grins and very quickly showed me to a table. Once seated Chloe talked me through how the Meal Deals works as i had not had one before. She was very friendly and enquired about the kind og work that i do and we very quickly got into a deep convosation. As the night went on the two girls became very busy and The Chef Dave started to bring out meals to the tables. He was very charming and offered sauces and extra drinks. I think this was very good as he isn't normally in the public eye. The two girls worked very hard that evening and i give credit to them. A third person would have been nice, to give them some support. I gave the girls a large tip for there excellant service. Once back in my room with a very nice large glass of Shiraz i began my work in a very comfortable manner. My nights sleep was excellent and would very much like to stay here again whenever im back working in sheffield. On breakfast in the morning Chloe was there again. Nice to see the same faces. She explained all the buffet to myself and made sure everything was ok with my food throughout. A female Chef in the mornings cooks some amazing sausages. I would reccommed this hotel to all my friends and collegues.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Took a little finding but probably our own fault.

Very modern with computer check in.

Lovely room but little odd having sink outside the bathroom.

Breakfast was first class.

Staff very helpfull.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I've stayed for a few nights now, and generally the hotel is quiet. You do get the odd noise outside, but not too bad inside (apart from the noisy air con units).

Rooms are very good. Cleanliness is good, though not perfect, though I can't remember the last hotel where I didn't find something.

Not tried the breakfast as they don't serve early enough (I leave by 0630hrs). I would definately have some breakfast if it was earlier. Had loads of breakfasts when I used to stay at the Premier Inn on Albert Dock, Liverpool - and they were fine.

I think parking may be an issue on busy nights. I'm lucky as I'm working locally, and always check in early so I can pick my spot.

Never stayed on a Friday or Saturday night - would expect any hotel to not be particularly quiet on those nights due to revellers / wedding guests.

I usually stay at the Premier Inn, or one of the Travelodges. Prefer Premier Inn, but it is more expensive.

Room Tip: Best to be higher up (floor 7 or higher) for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I visited the St Mary's Gate Premier Inn hotel for the first time on a business trip on a very snowy weekend in mid winter. I stayed for two nights, which coincided with being in a cast and on crutches, after breaking my foot.

My first impressions after exciting the taxi, was where is the hotel itself! I could tell by the huge sign it was the Premier Inn, but there seem to be no visible signs of a hotel lobby, reception area or anything that would make you think this was a hotel. However, once inside the automated doors it became apparent that the hotel started from the 3rd floor up, which was accessible via two lifts. Thank goodness, because I was not going to be able to do 3 flights of stairs, especially on crutches; even though there are stairs, no-one I am sure, including me would like to have to climb stairs with luggage. Upon exciting the lift, the entrance to the hotel was apparent and I was welcomed by the hotel clerk/receptionist standing behind a small lectern. She was happy to guide me through the automated registration process that was reminiscent of a Banks ATM; in order to show my booking and obtain my electronic room key.

The hotel key would allow access not only to my room, but to the corridor of hotel rooms on each of the floors above the third floor reception area for added security. Particularly, as the building was not exclusively the property of the Premier Inn.

The room itself was very pleasant and I was surrounded by a very nice colour scheme, which I found pleasing and comfortable, especially as I like the colour purple. The room was environmentally warm and friendly, with a uniquely compact unit that housed the clothing area, TV, hair-dryer and kettle, tea/coffee/milk, etc. Although I have to say there is never enough milk for one person or cup of tea or coffee, but the staff were always happy to supply more as needed. There were also the usual dressings of a table/desk and chairs, with access to the internet and room to plug in a laptop, etc. I was most impressed by the shower cubicle with its semi-circular shape and seating area, with no high steps, which I was grateful for, making it relatively easy for me to access, especially as I was at the time temporarily disabled and on crutches.

As my stay was pre-booked for me, I discovered that apart from the accommodation I also had included in my hotel rate a meal deal package for dinner, as well as breakfast the next morning, which was thoroughly enjoyable. The food was plentiful and consisted of enough choices to suit most palettes. Sadly, the room rates are not at the pre-advertised rate of £29 a night (as shown on TV and their advertising), but the package cost overall makes it a reasonable stay.

All the hotel staff were polite and helpful, especially when I needed directions to the location of my business visit, whereupon they also printed a map for me and another guest, which also contributed to my pleasant stay. The room itself was comfortable and offered a good nights rest without any noticeable noises, despite being in the centre of the City and close to a main road. The view from my room window only offered a look at the building across the road and some glimpses of a small part of the City itself, as well as the gloomy cold, snowy, windy weather of a winter’s night outside.

Room Tip: All the rooms on al the floors will be the same other than the bed will either be on the right or left as you enter the room.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Me and my Partner stayed here last Friday. everything about this hotel is Amazing from The Cleanliness down to the friendliness of staff and nothing is too much for them . We was impressed So we decided to eat in the Restaurant in the evening - It was Busy ( must have been stag & Hen party's in. Charlotte sat us down and took our order etc Very Nice friendly upbeat girl. We waited 5 Minutes before the Chef (Dave) brought our food to the table We had Steak and Fish, We wanted to know where the Fish came from and what it was - In most company's the chef wouldn't know but he just rolled out what it was and where it came from instantly. Charlotte was really really busy on the bar So the chef took a further 6 meals out to tables and on the way back to the kitchen each time making sure Everybody's food was OK and if they wanted anything getting e.g Sauces . Our Food was Delicious and cooked to perfection . We will defiantly Visit this hotel again .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple