Casanova Restaurant and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went here on Friday...food still good...but as using a LS voucher felt a bit rushed....my calzone wasn't particularly warm...been here before and had better...the starter muscles looked really good....massive bowlful...good service though...

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Italian Restaurant is a cut above many and the fact that it is family run, and they remember you even if you haven't been in for a while is such a refreshing change !!. The food is erring on the Sicilian side and very tasty and full of fresh produce. The pasta dishes are hot and more-ish and the specials that little bit different from your normal Italian establishments. The staff couldn't be nicer or more friendly and are always happy to make recommendations or explanations with regard to the dishes. The service is excellent all round, and it has become our favourite Italian haunt. They will even make alterations to the dishes to accommodate you if you ask. The prices aren't the cheapest, and the wines can be a little pricey but the choice of them has been carefully made to ensure you are getting good wines. And the lemon dessert with Limoncello is a delight to the tongue. Cant recommend this place enough 10/10

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited here recently for the second time, the service was quick and friendly and the food was good, really fresh salad and good choice of dishes. The restaurant itself is nice with a good ambience.

A two course meal and drinks for two people plus a £5 tip came to £50, a touch on the expensive side but all in all going here is a treat.

The owner is a really friendly guy who enjoys talking to customers and actually shared his whole life story in about one and a half hours after our meal!

This is not a late night place and closes at 10pm i think, it is not open on sundays.

I will go again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to Casanova many times over the years and have always found it really good.I have eaten here with my husband, family, friends, and I even had ameal here as part of my hen night.
The staff are extremely helpful, even when busy and have always been really accomodating when dining with larger parties as with my hen night. They allow you to chose your meals before you come to the restaurant to ensure they can prepare and make your meals on time for your visit.
The atmosphere is nice and relaxed, even when busy and the food is delicious.
I have had tried many different dishes over the years and they are all filling and flavourful. Staff have always been very helpful and give great service.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited on a Friday night (4 of us) and it was buzzing, there was a large birthday party in plus families aswell as couples, but at no point did we feel as though we missed out on any aspect of attention, we were seated and handed menus and got our wine sorted (a lovely Merlot ..of which we had 2 bottles in the end : ) - Salvo, the owner welcomed us and brought us a deliciously more-ish margarita pizza with slices of chilli, cut into 8 pieces to keep us happy whilst we decided what to order : ) .. we decided to share 3 starters (mussels in white wine which were Devine (so fresh).. a veggie option, Tricolore (griddled aubergine, cheese and tomatoes with basil and olive oil.. also delicious) and Calamari.. Mmmm. with Bruschetta on the side ..we were all very happy.. My main was THE best Swordfish i've had, ever - my daughter had a Seafood risotto (it was excellent too apparently, with squid, prawns, mussels and creamy but just the perfect consistency) and the veggie among us wanted a Calzone but there wasn't a veggie one on the menu, so they sorted one out and it was Wow.. stuffed with courgette and spinach and cheese and allsorts, and actually enormous! Everything was gorgeous and nothing was too much trouble, the lady who looked after us (Angie : ) was very attentive and friendly - the perfect hostess.. We weren't going to have dessert but three of us couldn't resist and i was very surprised to find myself finishing off the whole of my Tiramisu.. which was sooo light and perfect tasting .. (another review on here says it was the best they'd had outside of Italy and i can well believe it).. My daughter had the Panna cotta and she eats out a lot and said THAT was the best she'd ever had! So to sum up.. FANTASTIC.. lovely relaxed atmosphere, but pro service.. surroundings classy and overall well worth the money .. Thanks for a great night - we'll be coming back definitely. 5 stars Casanova!