“One of the best in Sheffield”
Review of Rajput

Rajput
Ranked #272 of 1,455 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“One of the best in Sheffield”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I go to Rajput regularly and it is one of the best Indian restaurants in Sheffield. My favourites are the chana puri and chicken tika saag. I would definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant if you have never been. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Abigail123456

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not as good as their take away was”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I went here with boyfriend felt judged by staff member who stared at me like I was promiscuous or something

• Visited August 2013
“Great Indian Restaurant….”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

A Great Indian Restaurant, but three things to think about before going.

1) They don’t have a drinks licence, so remember to take your own, or nip out, which is what I had to do, at the suggestion of the staff, to the local office licence just up the road called “The Dram”, which sells beers and wines, the restaurant will open your bottles, but you may have to wait as the waiters are busy, “The Dram” will also “open” any bottle tops that need it.

2) The place gets very busy, so not really a good place for a romantic evening, if that’s what you thought you might do, they have tables of many sizes, however it is a small place, and a lot of people use it for birthday groups of up to 20, so the atmosphere is lively and buzzing. Packed restaurant at 8:30pm so it speaks for itself. I understand that some other reviewers feel they have been rushed off their table but I feel it's justified, as you can’t just expect to sit there for hours. However as the service is quick we sat down on time and finished at 10pm, even after taking time out to get beer from up the road, and did not feel rushed.

3) Book your table in advance don’t expect to roll up and get a table, as above its very popular and very busy.

So to the food, I have no complaints at all, great service and food. Tasty, quality dishes, very fresh tasting, but more importantly the food was excellent, Indian food where you could actually taste the meat and the spices, and didn’t think it was too expensive, poppadum’s, 2 starters and 2 main meals £32.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 126iana
“Yum”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Great food
Abut pricey but it has a great atmosphere and bring your own policy!
Great for locals or to jump in a taxi from those that live in city centre

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Harri R
“Fab Saturday Night.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked for Saturday at eight, when we got there it was ram. The atmosphere was buzzing and we waited 10 minutes until our table was free. When it was, the waiters were like lightning as they cleared it and set it for us. They showed us to our table and opened our beers and wines, and brought us a cooler for the wine.
We checked out the menu and ordered. No great delay until we were served, and the waiters were attentive and professional. Although I'm not a massive curry fan, I thought all the dishes were tasty, (I tried a bit of everything), and hot, and well presented.
The bill was about right for the type of food we ordered, and the restaurant was busy all night. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and will be eating there again in the future.

• Visited March 2014