“Perfect Pre theatre meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silversmiths Restaurant

Silversmiths Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pre theatre meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I went here for a meal before going to the Lyceum. We were the first customers of the evening and got a warm welcome. We were given the menu plus wine menu and cocktail menu. It was good to see thee were only 4 or 5 choices on each course - a sure sign of freshly cooked food. We both had the deconstructed seafood cocktail which was delicious and had some less commonly used seafood in. Our mains were Ox cheek for me and "pork pie" for my friend. Both incredibly tasty. We ordered sides of potatoes but we really didn't need them. The portions were perfectly adequate and I am surprised some people on here say they were tiny! We both went for Lemon Posset for dessert. Again perfectly made. Throughout the service was excellent and we could find no fault at all. We will definitely come here again on our next theatre trip to Sheffield. It is within 5 minutes walk of the theatres. All in all definitely the right choice and under £25 each including a glass of wine. .,

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Silversmiths, Owner at Silversmiths Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We're so pleased that our aim to provide a great pre-theatre offering had ticked all the boxes for you! thanks for taking time to comment. see you soon!

“Bluto3108”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate there on 1/3. We turned up on time and was directed to sit on the old stage, which was OK as there were no one in the party who were elderly or required a wheelchair. The party was offered a range of cocktails all of which were excellent. The menu was was varied and exciting. In fact the whole menu made you salivate in anticipation. We ordered our food and waited. We had to wait around 45 minutes for our starters, but I must admit, it didn't seem so long as the conversations flowed. The whole food experienced offered was outstanding. I chose the haddock to start with and although the fish had probably sat under the heat lamps a little too long the whole dish was a taste explosion. I went for the twice cooked Pork Belly for main. I can only describe this as heaven on a plate. This was the best main I've had in a long time. So much flavour in every mouthful. I finished off with cheesecake servered with a rhubarb sorbet. Others had chocolate cake with a beetroot sorbet. Don't let the beetroot thing put you off. I tried this and again it was something out of the ordinary. Overall I great meal and after 2 hours it was all over. We will return!

"Heaven on a plate"...wow!! thank you for your measured feedback. all points are noted and we really look forward to see you here soon.
Hull
“Cold Food Tiny Portions Total Rip Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We travelled to Sheffield for a party night out for a meal followed by an evening at the Comedy Club, We had booked well in advance for a group of 13 but unfortunately 2 dropped out at the last minute, we informed the restaurant on arrival and no comment was made.
We should have realised the quality of this establishment by the fact that it was empty bar one other table. We had booked for the early evening menu and when we were ordering the waiter warned us that we although this was an all inclusive 3 course meal we should order addtional side dishes as the portions were small, how right he was most of us are on diets and even with the additional side orders there was only just enough. When the food arrived it was luke warm at best two of the party didnt get served until the rest of us had already finished our meals.
When we were presented with the bill we found they had charged an additional £20 for our friends who could not attend. I most certainly would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Paul H
I appreciate you taking time to comment however as spokesperson for your group (a hen party), you have a few *crossed wires*

You said - *We should have realised the quality of this establishment by the fact that it was empty bar one other table*.
As with restaurants the world over, we stagger our bookings... naturally there would be many empty tables when you arrived at 5pm (the second table of the night). We had capacity 120 booked in that evening and turned away 10 walk-ins while you were there.

You said - * The waiter warned us that we although this was an all inclusive 3 course meal we should order addtional side dishes as the portions were small*
We did not say it was an *All Inclusive meal*... just a set price for 3 courses. We recomended sides (like the majority of restaurants) but certainly not as we thought portions were small.

I am sorry you felt the portion sizes small

Two of your party did recieve their meals late; I fully explained the reason why this occurred to your friends, I apologised sincerely and immediatley offered both customers a complimentary dessert which they accepted along with my apology.

You said *When we were presented with the bill we found they had charged an additional £20 for our friends who could not attend*

Your friend who booked the table was fully aware of the deposits requested for large groups on a Saturday night. Unfortunately she did not let the group know... hence your surprise. We will be implenting a new system to ensure this problem does not occur again.

I hope my feedback is useful and clarifys some important points.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, friendly attentive staff, lovely surroundings...perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My partner and I went here for a romantic meal on a friends recommendation....we weren't disappointed! We both had starters and mains which were gorgeous (the belly pork deserves particular praise)......I forced myself to have the panna cotta for dessert which while I didn't really need I couldn't ignore! Needless to say it was divine. I must mention the staff, they were superb. We'll certainly be back.

Great comments which i've passed to the team... we will keep up the good work!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Valentines Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited silversmiths the night after valentines when the special valentines menu was still running. The food and service was excellent, we have already booked for our next visit!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank skelton87
Silversmiths, Owner at Silversmiths Restaurant, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
we're glad we added to the romance of your night! see you here soon we hope :-)